Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Well my movement is my movement but my power is my strength. No point focusing on what you can't do all the time, better to hit one quality shot even if the opponent brings it back than to focus on what happens when you are not in position. Usually if you are out of position I am already at a...
  2. German Open 2020

    That is one of the great what-ifs in table tennis existence and sits up there with "what if Xu Xin had a great backhand" and "what if Jun Mizutani had a non-chicken wing forehand as his base"....
  3. German Open 2020

    Never bet on Xu Chenhao. Remember the 2013 Japan Open???
  4. German Open 2020

    Ma Long upset alert...
  5. German Open 2020

    Li Sun is coaching Zhu Yuling. I guess since Solja has never won a game vs Zhu, he can handle this one.
  6. German Open 2020

    Yeah. Maybe that is why the match is on table 4. I didn't remember it that way and was about to curse the organizers but what you just wrote makes sense.
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I am now testing T05 H 1.9mm on FH and BH. In the honeymoon period, it is beautiful. It actually takes advantage of my power because the ball is coming off so fast with low trajectories and deceptive spin that people now have to really work to get to the ball. And the thinner sponge fits...
  8. German Open 2020

    What happened to Franziska? Home crowd pressure?
  9. German Open 2020

    Pictures?
  10. German Open 2020

    Don't worry, you don't have to join us/me. Just the mere fact that it offends you despite how it has been described as purely innocent means I will be doing it repeatedly and often. Cheers.
  11. German Open 2020

    Maybe Qian is now the Hayata clone on CNT.
  12. German Open 2020

    3 Japanese men in the opening round. One fails to advance. Who would have bet it was Harimoto?
  13. German Open 2020

    Ishikawa senpai, fire!
  14. German Open 2020

    How Feng Tianwei got 2 games is beyond me.
  15. German Open 2020

    Sometimes I have to quote myself. Hayata just reminds us over and over again that her talent is risky and needs a pressure release valve to be maximized.
  16. Help with a downgrade from Timo Boll ALC to an All wood blade

    What I will say is get better and better at looping with the sweet spot of the racket (or closer to the tip of the head). It is an underrated skill that distinguishes amateurs from pros. That I think is the key to using a faster blade for looping.
  17. Help with a downgrade from Timo Boll ALC to an All wood blade

    I used to have the same view but I changed my mind over time. With a reasonably fast blade, you don't have to do as much to aggressively block or counter topspin and that is one of the most important shots in the game. The key thing is how advanced your strokes are. Garth made a point, but I...
  18. German Open 2020

    They all play in Germany or Austria.
  19. German Open 2020

    Hayata has beaten Ishikawa worse before. That was why I did not take it as a big deal.
  20. German Open 2020

    Yeah, but beating your teammate for what I think is the first time ever after multiple defeats (and in a close match that could have gone either way) is not the same as taking on international opponents in the World Tour. If you doubt this, ask Zhou Qihao.
Top