Search results

  1. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    Not sure what you mean. The separation rule has been removed for the Olympics. It is only for preliminary rounds. Which likely means that if you are seeded into a later round, and I think in Olympic singles, the very top seeds only start playing in round 3, ITTF wants the seeding to...
  2. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    Eliminated from qualification is a bit different from elimination from the tournament especially when the tournament is based almost strictly on seeding. I do see your point but I think they just wanted to get rid of the incentive not to play players and not to send the top seeded players.
  3. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    If she enters the top 2, that will be really funny
  4. Road to Tokyo 2020: Chinese TT Team

    If you read the ITTF handbook, no. I think qualification is a different story and for obvious reasons (getting into the Olympics is a big deal and you don't want to be eliminated early by your countrymen especially since there are only 2 spots). We reviewed the handbook at mytabletennis...
  5. Critique my technique and my match

    You have really good touch and arm speed, but you overuse your arms and underuse your body compared to better players. This is why your footwork suffers as you don't get into the backswing on the forehand and backhand as part of your movement. Your weakest stroke is probably your backhand...
  6. German Open 2020

    Invent a time travel machine and go back to the 2019 WTTC. Send hitmen to get ML and FZD without being caught. Change nationality. That's about it.
  7. German Open 2020

    Yeah. Too late.
  8. German Open 2020

    I agree. Disappointing that Ma Long could not keep up with the Xu Xin level but Xu Xin was truly a cloud Walker today. No one was going to beat him playing like that. Lin Gaoyuan can sleep better now.
  9. German Open 2020

    WTF was that???? MMMAAAAAAAAAAAAA LLOOOOOOOOOOONNNGGGG!!!!
  10. German Open 2020

    WTF was that??? XXXXXXXXXXUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU XXXXXXXXXIINNNNNNNNNN!!!!!
  11. German Open 2020

    I am also surprised that there are no comments on DN beating WMY. Maybe there will be if DN manages to beat CM. DN is finally serious again and given how well she counters to the short side with her forehand when pulled wide, I suspect a lot of opponents are in trouble.
  12. German Open 2020

    Oh, Dima adjusted very well. I was surprised there were so many good rallies. If Dima can play a couple of tournaments outside Germany in this rally style even vs the top Chinese, his game is headed in a bronze medal direction at least.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The weight of these rubbers in general never let me try any of them. To be fair, if I hadn't gotten 05H originally at a lower price point and was a bit desperate for higher performance equipment, I wouldn't have tried 05H either. But I have always found the spin performance at lower gears for...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The backhand counterspin off the bounce is a major strength of the rubber since it doesn't have that stupid catapult that Tenergy usually has. I was countering a lefty looper and I was amazed by how I could jump on his loops and smother them with spin because 05H doesn't seem to send the ball...
  15. German Open 2020

    No doubt - losing to Dima deuce in the 7th in the same city where he did the same thing 3 years ago (in Germany with home crowd support - the Olympics are not in Germany) is not a big deal at all. Not like losing to Gauzy who is yet to win anything of significance in his career.
  16. German Open 2020

    You mean he got to 3-1, 10-7 with sloppy footwork and anticipation?
  17. German Open 2020

    I am ecstatic that Ma Long is back. I keep thinking he has lost it then he reminds me while he is still the champ.
  18. German Open 2020

    Like I have told everyone repeatedly, the matches with Ding Ning and Ito have always been close and if you give Ding Ning time and she is healthy, she will figure out something in internal training. Doesn't mean Ito can't beat her but that it isn't the guarantee some people think it is. Ding...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The rubber doesn't play as hard as its sponge. But it definitely plays hard. But I have been using rubbers that don't help me for a long time. I am a close to the table player and I take the ball early. This rubber is easier to play with than MX-S. MX-K plays similarly but it is slower. I...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I hit more shots today that didn't hit the floor until they got to the back wall. I finally have a rubber that with the right shot can blow the ball past some people who back up. I do rally drills but I am really a serve and destroy player. Those who live by the Hard will die by the Hard.
Top