Search results

  1. Should I switch from Timo Boll ALC to Stiga Carbonado 190

    Yeah but it would also be markedly slower. I have the 45 and the 145 and for me, they are closer to 5 ply than to carbon. The 145 I did like but it arcs the ball when blocking.
  2. Should I switch from Timo Boll ALC to Stiga Carbonado 190

    So why don't the best players use all wood blades which are supposedly the most controllable.by this definition of control?
  3. Should I switch from Timo Boll ALC to Stiga Carbonado 190

    More control isn't always about being slower. It is partly about the feeling of vibration and the outer ply and what your personal preference is.
  4. Should I switch from Timo Boll ALC to Stiga Carbonado 190

    Neither are two Boll ALCs. But the point is that the OP has to trst for himself but Carbonado 190 in my.experience is not that far from Boll ALC, blocks slightly better and I prefer the sharper carbon feeling and the limba outer. I think most people would find the handle differences to be the...
  5. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    I think sometimes people overestimate the importance of putting the best player in the singles spot and underestimate the importance of putting your players where they can win matches. I think Ishikawa is still ahead of Hirano at the moment. I would take the team with Ishikawa over the team...
  6. Should I switch from Timo Boll ALC to Stiga Carbonado 190

    I would 100% disagree, having hated numerous Boll ALCs and loving the one Carbonado 190 I currently have.
  7. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Well, if you would rather send an injured Ma Long or a blind Mizutani over a healthy Lin Gaoyuan or Koki Niwa, that is your prerogative. My point is that Koki Niwa is an accomplished TT player and there is no point making it sound like he can't play when he goes through bad periods because you...
  8. Vega Japan vs Pro

    The Vega Japan I remember felt amazing but the booster effect made it shrink really fast. Haven't tried it in years thoughl
  9. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Everyone goes through tough periods. There isn't that much difference between Mizutani and Niwa in big events when both are at their peak. Mizutani is clearly the greater player but Niwa does pretty well. A bad patch cannot be what you look at only when deciding who to play.
  10. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Recency.bias. He is a WTTC quarter finalist.
  11. T2 Diamond Singapore 2019

    Tracking is something the brain does. It doesn't always do it well even when you are looking at the ball, hence the whiffs and wobble effects we often experience (see Harimoto on the last point vs Xu). No point deducing what Mima saw.
  12. T2 Diamond Singapore 2019

    Xu Xin pushed the ball dead/with light topspin and Harimoto didn't read it. That is probably why Chen Qi was complaining.
  13. T2 Diamond Singapore 2019

    Jeoung Youngsik had the same problem. Taking on Xu Xin while holding the table without using sticky rubber is extremely difficult.
  14. T2 Diamond Singapore 2019

    The commentators didn't see the net as obvious. Yet some think it was so blatant that Ito was cheating. Get her for those dodgy serves instead.
  15. Timo Boll Alc v Stiga Carbonado

    I think the Carbonado series are different from the Acoustic series and it depends on your feeling. I have hit with a friends Acoustic Carbon and I didn't feel like I liked it as much as I like the Carbonado I have. I have all the X45 series and the 190 as well. Since I am transitioning to...
  16. Timo Boll Alc v Stiga Carbonado

    The 145 is too different from a Viscaria. The 190 is much closer and then things like feeling of the top ply and handle come into play. I actually use the 190 now as my backup blade with MX-K.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I played league at Lily Yip TTC. The league ends too late on Friday night for me to attend regularly since it is 1.5 hr drive from my house and often ends after midnight. Likely because of the upcoming NA teams event, there was significant attendance. I went 7-2 playing in group 3. Prova ky...
  18. Timo Boll Alc v Stiga Carbonado

    Bryan gave the answer I gave. I much prefer the Carbonado 190 to the Boll ALC because of the limba outer ply. The 145 is a bit closer to 5 ply all wood behavior.
  19. T2 Diamond Singapore 2019

    https://youtu.be/jGF-wslhRmY
  20. T2 Diamond Singapore 2019

    I really didn't think Mizutani had a chance going by current form but he found a way to pull it out. I need to watch the match, the YouTube stream died early for some reason.
Top