Search results

  1. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Surprised that Matsudaira beat Hou 3-0. Funny how TT works sometimes.
  2. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Hopefully there is video. He has one of the best forehands in the world. Very hard to cope with if you aren't strong vs chop and topspin.
  3. Zhu Yuling: Tokyo 2020 Is None of My Business Already

    XX would have at least gotten the team spot even without XD. Zhu Yuling was the frontrunner to make the 2020 team in some capacity and replace Li Xiaoxia as she was the reserve in 2016. Then she got the runner up in 2017 wttc and won the world Cup. From there to this is just amzonf5.
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I don't understand why everyone thinks you need to play attacking table tennis on a consistent basis to play seriously. Bobrow's best game is his lobbing game.
  5. Learning Incredible Hook Serve (Super Topspin)

    Okay. I am saying that this is not uncommon with blocking short topspin serves. Popping the serve up is more commonly a result of underestimating the spin and not because the serve has an insane amount of spin. I remember one player I often lost to because I treated the first bounce of his...
  6. Learning Incredible Hook Serve (Super Topspin)

    The short topspin serve is decently heavy for short topspin, it is pretty hard to generate heavy topspin and keep the serve short low and deceptive because the topspin will make the ball kick up and/or forward. You are never going to serve a consistently short and extremely heavy topspin...
  7. Marvellous 12 2020

    Wang Chuqin and Sun Yingsha is probably the only viable alternative but you know the problem with that already... I think the issue is if you want to replace Liu Shiwen, who do you replace her with? And since they can't have XX and Sun Yingsha play against XX and Liu Shiwen, they are in a bit...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ7SPHY0BzM Taking off a two week break but this is possibly the first step of rebuilding....
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have thought about the rubber but I think given that the difference is between backhand and forehand, let me try technique before switching. The blocker said there is a noticeable difference in his view between the backhand quality and the forehand quality, so taking him at his word, and...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    What do you recommend be done with the hand?
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Basically, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoAQA3JgaXQ I do it sometimes, I just need to do it every time. That's not one of my favorite TTEdge videos, but that is another story. It's not just an elliptical backswing, it is the locking of the backswing rotation with the body/hip by a...
  12. I need new equipament

    The setup sounds great - good luck.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Well, I do know this stroke so it isn't completely alien to me and I have many hours with it. I just have to find a version of it that I can practice and trust while moving to a ball away from me. Lots of shadowing right now lol. I would argue that I do it sometimes in the video, but just...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I've thought about it some more and I realize that the way I use my arm on the forehand is kinda wrong with the backswing being to far away from the body to force me to sync it up with the hip - engages the upper arm and shoulder too much. Changing my forehand might hurt a bit so it will be a...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Definitely still have physical limitations, I have trained so hard this week that my knees and elbow are hurting (but I get two weeks off traveling so I hope the rest will fix things). Just trying to continue to look at my technique (otherwise, what is the point of practice) and of course, have...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Thanks. It's a thought I had so it is good to hear confirmation it is could be something to take more seriously (in my head when I am looping, the lag between shoulder and hip isn't as bad it looks whenever I see it on video and it is usually much worse down the line than cross court). I just...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Any tips to improve my forehand topspin? My hitting partner here said that my spin on my forehand topspin is less than that on my backhand topspin and I would like to see if anyone has any insight why so that I can figure out how to improve the spin on my forehand...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Whether it is good to take stimulating substances as part of one's improvement regimen? Depends on the cost benefit and long term safety. There is no single right answer. As long as you know the long term effects are not harmful, then you can do what you want. That said, there are probably...
  19. Timo‘s new backhand rubber

    IT could be Dignics 80.
  20. Is it true that in a pushing rally, you don't have to try to add more spin?

    This is the key thing - while lots of things in table tennis are level dependent, there is truly no single correct answer in table tennis to win or stay in a point all the time. IT is always style and context dependent and must take into account the abilities of the player. As a general rule...
Top