Search results

  1. Who produces the best youtube coaching videos

    Like I said ERT has a lot of fans. Ultimately if you enjoy his stuff and to be fair the most silly part is the Chinese secrets nonsense, then that is okay. And if you learned a lot from him good for you. But the highest level player I know in person who likes ERT is BRS. And for me that...
  2. Need advice on equipment selection

    Depends on how you define quality and of course the ball changes and technical advances have affected everything.
  3. Need advice on equipment selection

    There are people who will tell you that Hinoki blade is completely outdated and not for modern looping. So the people still using it are not the majority either. I struggle to think of a top player using Hinoki.
  4. Need advice on equipment selection

    I think many people don't realize that a lot of feel is personal preference and of course that personal preference can change. I tried using a slower setup this week and I felt like I was going to damage my shoulder. As someone who has used slower setups for most of 8 years and used a faster...
  5. Who produces the best youtube coaching videos

    I think everyone's mileage varies on that one. Sometimes one can be correct and uninsightful, and one can also have an offputting style (Chinese secrets). Emrathich also has no clear idea what level of player his videos are being pitched at, and this kind of discussion is important when...
  6. Forehand start up loop

    Brushing the ball is the beginning of the concept. The more advanced concept is to swing through a path with a starting point, contact point and finishing position while turning the ball with varying degrees of contact depth to control speed and spin. This video illustrates the concept which...
  7. "Beginner equipment that also suits the new polyball playing strategies"

    I have found that with the kids I know, and one of them is 1400 roughly at the age of 8, it doesn't really matter what you give them as long as they learn proper technique, love the sport, and the blade isn't faster than a Timo Boll ALC.
  8. Marvellous 12 2020

    He lost 4-3 to Zhou Qihao, who beat Xu Xin 4-1 and lost to Fan Zhendong 1-4. Table tennis is about fighting, and honestly, ML doesn't need to be 100% to be the favorite in 99% of the matches he plays. I wish he could get back to prime ML but I have accepted he is now in his ZJK period and even...
  9. Guess Tokyo 2020 Medalists

    Everything I have heard says separation by association will e maintained for the Olympics.
  10. Guess Tokyo 2020 Medalists

    IMO, send the world champs as long as they are not injured. The prep for the Olympics will allow them to come up with adequate solutions.
  11. Guess Tokyo 2020 Medalists

    Moreover it is not just the wins but the losses in those matches you had opportunities. Why did CM lose the Asian Cup to ZYL at a time when everything pointed to CM being the better player? While LSW went supernova at the WTTC, Chen Meng usually beats LSW. Why did she falter at the last...
  12. Marvellous 12 2020

    Zhu Yuling would not have made the team without this win so she needed it.
  13. Marvellous 12 2020

    Fan once again defends the status quo.
  14. Marvellous 12 2020

    Is it on YouTube?
  15. Marvellous 12 2020

    The way these events work, the team is already selected. For someone to disrupt the team, he has to win the event and he will likely replace LJK or LGY. If any of the regulars wins the event, the team will likely not change.
  16. Marvellous 12 2020

    They had the best score against likely the best team in the whole event. But they were only given one match and were eliminated in the first round.
  17. Marvellous 12 2020

    Liang Jingkun and Chen Meng were shafted by the format.
  18. Ovtcharov waves Donic bye-bye

    Tibhar doesn't allow its players to not use its equipment. That was why players like Apolonia and Freitas went to Butterfly. Dima will need to use MX-P to play for Tibhar and I don't see that happening.
  19. Ovtcharov waves Donic bye-bye

    That would make sense though we need to know more to know that.
  20. Ovtcharov waves Donic bye-bye

    He will find someone to pay him, likely Butterfly but it is unlikely he will make whatever he made with Donic if so. He can't make the same from other companies and use Tenergy.
Top