Search results

  1. Should I switch from Timo Boll ALC to Stiga Carbonado 190

    I don't understand how I can find a blade I love too soft.
  2. World Junior Championships (WJTTC) 2019 in Karat, Thailand

    If they had played Haruna next to Nagasaki and Kihara, they would have won tthe teams as well.
  3. World Junior Championships (WJTTC) 2019 in Karat, Thailand

    I just saw that Haruna beat Xunyao 4-0. The JNT junior coaches cost the girls the title.
  4. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Many left handed TT players are really righthanded and only play TT with their left hand. Even in tennis. Nadal is a famous example...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Played my last prep league in anticipation of the NA Teams on Tuesday night. I have probably played a little too much but it has been fun. My knees and body are sore as hell. My shoulder is probably the worst. But all in all, I am pretty close to my 2100 peak in late 2016 and early 2017...
  6. World Junior Championships (WJTTC) 2019 in Karat, Thailand

    Looks like the China Japan semi was the real final. I like Feng a lot, but his serve and return game is not matching up and he is Taipei's best player.
  7. World Junior Championships (WJTTC) 2019 in Karat, Thailand

    I get that part but I don't see why the coach prioritized winning the first match over putting his best player in the power slot. You want your best player to play at least two matches if it goes beyond 3 and he has failed that.
  8. World Junior Championships (WJTTC) 2019 in Karat, Thailand

    Japan was clearly relying on Nagasaki to win 2 and Kihara to win the 3rd match. Not sure why they went with Idesa was a over Haruna. Did they think that Xunyao Shi would have fixed her issues vs Haruna by this match?
  9. World Junior Championships (WJTTC) 2019 in Karat, Thailand

    Is Idesawa using pips on both sides? Anyone know her equipment?
  10. World Junior Championships (WJTTC) 2019 in Karat, Thailand

    The matches were all close so it figures. Sone did a fantastic job vs Liu. I guess part of the reason the Chinese team seemed younger in my head was that they had a younger #2 while Japan puts its youth at #3. I also tend to forget how old Liu is.
  11. World Junior Championships (WJTTC) 2019 in Karat, Thailand

    Yeah. Moreover, Togami and Uda will have lower ratings for not playing the junior circuit, which is why the Japanese team had to play the prelims. But the same applies to Xu Yingbin. Other than Yingbin, this is a slightly younger Chinese squad and the Japanese had a good chance to pull it out.
  12. World Junior Championships (WJTTC) 2019 in Karat, Thailand

    3-2, 11-9. Somehow, especially when it is close, China finds a way to pull it out. An instant classic duel. Hopefully the girls final will be as good.
  13. World Junior Championships (WJTTC) 2019 in Karat, Thailand

    This match is going to be a historical event. Going down to the final game. Togami and Xiang in game 5.
  14. World Junior Championships (WJTTC) 2019 in Karat, Thailand

    As I say that KAKERU Sone makes me look like an ignoramus by beating Liu Yebo. My oh my... I still think Xu can pull it off and Xiang is the favorite in the decider but Liu losing was unexpected...
  15. World Junior Championships (WJTTC) 2019 in Karat, Thailand

    Xu Yingbin right the ship. I don't see Japan winning anymore.
  16. World Junior Championships (WJTTC) 2019 in Karat, Thailand

    China down 0-1 to Japan in the Team Boys. Also behind in the second match at the moment.
  17. Should I switch from Timo Boll ALC to Stiga Carbonado 190

    No problem. I have always said the issue is training and that your blade should reflect style and training hours. So if you are just picking that up now, that is okay.
  18. World Junior Championships (WJTTC) 2019 in Karat, Thailand

    Need a thread for this. USA boys and girls made it to the QF. US boys lost a spirited match to Chinese Taipei (3‐2). US girls lost to Japan (3‐1) with Amy Wang living up to her billing and upsetting Miyu Nagasaki (depending on which ranking system gives you the favorite).
  19. Should I switch from Timo Boll ALC to Stiga Carbonado 190

    I brought up slower blades with all wood as an example to show that very few people are trying to hit the ball harder with slower blades. I am saying that advocating that someone use a slower blade because it let's them swing harder Is one perspective but the other is that sometime an advanced...
  20. Should I switch from Timo Boll ALC to Stiga Carbonado 190

    I think sometimes, it is easy to underestimate how much work it can be to use a slower blade, even for amateurs. If someone is training , even if they are non-pro, they are usually better off using something that let's them get good speed with shorter strokes. I think the pro issue is far less...
Top