Search results

  1. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Of course. But I didn't look at one match. I looked at a variety of opponents who both Kato and Ishikawa and Hayata had played and noted that when Kato or Ishikawa did well, they were not given credit even though these were precisely the same opponents that Hayata struggled with. The problem...
  2. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Not sure why you quoted that but I will let others figure it out. Sounds like Ishikawa is close to certifying her position in Olympics singles.
  3. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Classic zeio. Using a 2018 match to make a 2019 point.
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    When I say multiball, I don't mean him just feeding you. That is also a waste of his time and qualify. I mean playing out specific sequences or patterns repeatedly. The biggest one is letting him open and you defend. It is just hard to get repetition using only one ball. I would push long...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It is only my opinion but it is a pity you can't do multiball I think you are under utilizing the coach. I would not even try to return his serve, I would focus on reading it. Then I would do multiball and push to him so he can open and I try to counter. You played some amazing points but not...
  6. Transition from 5ply to Carbon blade

    I think in general, if you want to try a carbon blade, you need to be someone who has stable technique and trains a lot and you also need to use something that you know is different and why you are using it. To me, none of the blades you listed give you the carbon experience so I am not sure...
  7. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Sure. But Ishikawa beat Qiang Zhang more convincingly than Hayata ever did. And Miyu Kato beat Li Jiayi more convincingly than Hayata ever did. At some point, you need to accept that Hayata still has major gaps in her game and stop putting down those people who have other gaps but get the job...
  8. Viscaria, Boll ALC or Innerforce ALC

    Thanks, flatstyk. Part of good coaching (though some coaches lack the experience) is to talk you through the limitations of equipment. The thing is that most differences feel great or crappy in the beginning then things start to level off. But beginners are concerned with consistency and this...
  9. Viscaria, Boll ALC or Innerforce ALC

    Yeah for a player at the very top, 100 rating points is a huge deal. For most of us, it doesn't really change our results vs most of the people we play except our peers who are very close to our level. As for whether to start with an all wood blade, I am no longer sold that the justification...
  10. Viscaria, Boll ALC or Innerforce ALC

    It is often said and possible true but rarely proven. I thinking a player is properly coached, material becomes far less important. And in the end, material adds or subtracts at most 100 USATT points which is big in the short term, but not that big a deal in the long term of a career.
  11. Is it true that in a pushing rally, you don't have to try to add more spin?

    No this is incorrect. The push has backspin if you use inverted rubbers, the degree of spin depends on how much of the incoming spin was retained on the push.
  12. Viscaria, Boll ALC or Innerforce ALC

    They are not so different that if one gets used to them the playing level will change. Maybe one may feel happier playing with limba or Koto and that may affect certain things. And one may feel that one has too much or too little vibration. But I have played with all 3 and i usually beat the...
  13. Should I switch from Timo Boll ALC to Stiga Carbonado 190

    I prefer the 190 obviously but I really don't know why. I think the feeling for me is better - not sure it is softer. I would need to try a Boll ALC with similar rubber to be sure.
  14. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Hayata stumbles again...
  15. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Because he sees no future for her like he sees no future for Ishikawa.
  16. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Paradoxically, Qiang Zhang is probably the one player that zeio dislikes as much as Ishikawa.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yeah you should make it. Unfortunately I lost my camera on Saturday but I played one of our classic "backspin and no spin serves" to the pips matches. Now I have to work on sidespin serves.
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I played the NA Teams on Thanksgiving weekend. Travelled to the tournament with my wife in Thanksgivinf day, ate at a restaurant, checked into the hotel and went down to check in the team and myself. Usually I expect to have fun table tennis and crappy logistics. I spent over an hour in a...
  19. Any tips on how to stay calm for tournaments?

    If you can, play one game to 11 or a match with a friend (or even a random opponent) while warming up at the tournament. It puts your mind in a competitive state and it is important to be there already and not have to play a real match to activate that. I find that my brain processes TT much...
Top