Because the majority of players dont care what the "meta" is and take whats comfortable/known. Also there are a dosen of kids, elderly or beginners to intermediate players who struggle to hit consisten shots with Rubbers as hard or harder than 47°.
So i think this is a good alternative in...
In my search to get more information about the Nexy Etika Pro, I stumbled on tak9 and saw that "Spira" is out, Nexys newest Rubber.
So far on what I've gathered it has roughly half the price of Etika, wich costs 59Euros Msrp here. It has a tacky topsheet with a 47.5° Yellow and porous sponge and...
Thank you all for the imput!
I prefer Medium to Hard rubbers with more of a Jap feeling, but I would like to try some different things aswell.
Aslong as the spin and speed is in a good ratio to another and not dead feeling it should be fine.
Jupiter 3 and Big Dipper sound nice.
Maybe Apollo 5...
If you like K3 other than the hardness there is a softer K3 FX. Or easier to play Hybrid MK.
Without much information about how you play and what you like/don't like there are countless choices.
Tenergy, Xiom Vega/Omega, Nittaku Fastarc G1, ...
So I was thinking of trying a few Yinhe rubbers in the coming offseason along with some other cheap-ish chinese rubbers (Battle3 for example) and noticed that I got quite lost in the way they name their rubbers. Moon, Earth, Jupiter, Mercury, Apollo, Big Dipper and then with many different...
Should be very good, longer than ESN for sure. Atleast the others from Daiki Factory do. The edges and sponge might be a bit brittle but if you use them with care they should outlast many Rubbers.
My first sheets of Nexy Etika perform still pretty well after well over a year as an example.
I cannot speak for your region.
Just google your area and Table Tennis store if you want to go there personally. Often they offer assembly and even online service aswell.
The Joola premadebat I mentioned can be found on amazon for cheap. Carbon Control or something I tried it since a few kids...
I think premades are a good choice if you are a beginner, and want something for 50bucks and lower.
Joola has a very decent racket for that said price, which performs well enough.
For a racket made for you in a store it is hard to go lower than that, and the performance is barely if at all...
Short answer:
If you think your technique isn't fully there yet, a top of the line rubber might be the wrong choice here.
As the others said, stick to C1 or try something like Vega (Euro/Japan/Korea).
Long answer:
The line between having good spinny shots and not hitting at all is very fine...
Although 52.5° might be a bit hard to play, try to stick with it for just a while. I think this can develop your technique even more. Just don't try to hold back. And if you think this is a bit too much, downgrade and you will barely miss after this.
Also be careful, the extra weight can lead...
I think I saw a golden badge on the bottom aswell, now that you mention this. Still weird to change from ZLC to ALC in just one day and against a strong opponent aswell
Inner ZLC I heard had decent touch in short game and a strong catapult on harder swings.
But power can be produced with most equipment if you do it right. You just have to work a bit more :D
Yeah maybe he just wanted a little change due to recent struggles. He didn't seem to feel uncomfortable with this blade, making me wonder if it is actually a different composition