Search results

  1. Medium hard rubber for backhand

    DHS Gold Arc 9, If I remember correctly it is a cheap Tenergy alternative which is also not that fast
  2. Mizuno Q Quality, has it been discontinued?

    Oh I hope not, just got mine... Guess my search for a cheap, durable, japanese Rubber continues. Or I have to get back to Nexy
  3. Joo Sae Hyuk gluing up his Nexy JSH Gen 2 bat in Korea Air HQ

    They mentioned the use of booster in another video. I assume Spira will be a hard chinese style rubber. Etika beeing Tenergy 64 alternative and Spira an alternative to H3 then maybe? Cant tell if its sticky
  4. Joo Sae Hyuk gluing up his Nexy JSH Gen 2 bat in Korea Air HQ

    While looking through the footage I still can't tell for certain if its gauze or not. But I did notice a new Nexy Rubber "Spira" on the channel. Made in China and seemingly Faster, Spinnier and maybe cheaper than Etika? if I understood correctly (Could be their marketing talk to be fair)
  5. Xiom Omega 8?

    Not sure if it is an direct upgrade, and how they compare. But from the newer ones it is the closest. There might be more to come. And yes, O8C and J&C C55 have the same tech with O8C having a slightly softer sponge (52.5°) It is lighter and softer, therfore easier to play most likely, but less...
  6. Rubber thickness

    Sometimes a heavy 2.0mm can be almost the same as a light MAX rubber. And unless you need the absolute highest performance or the rubber is extremly slow otherwise, I dont see any need to go higher than 2.0/2.1mm really. For most players it is better to hit 1 or 2 shots more and score with work...
  7. Xiom Omega 8?

    Should be softer and has their new sponge and other AI marketing stuff. J&H C55 is probably the closest from the newer ones?
  8. Looking for FH rubber options

    I wouldn't recommend Sigma, since its hard to get in Europe and doesn't sell much. So once stock is out it will most likely be not available anymore. (Atleast so I think and can be different for you) For Omega 7, it should be very bouncy and pruduce high amounts of spin. Omega 8 I don't know...
  9. Need Forehand Rubber Advice

    You could try Vega Japan in 1.8 or 2.0mm, with a slightly softer sponge It should give you better feel. Or one of their Vega H's. It could also be that the Viscaria is numbing your feel.
  10. Xiom new collection (2025)

    I also feel like they mixed up Speed and Catapult. Like how does the Omega China, with hard sponge and and sticky surface have more catapult but less speed as the Euro. In my understanding it should be the opposite. And how is the J&H Z the slowest in the lineup, as shown in the Chart. It is the...
  11. returning no-spin serves?

    Always different depending on speed and position of the ball. In general shots that dont change the hight of the ball much. So top or down spin lead to mistakes if you aren't carefull or skillfull enough. So give it back with no spin aswell, but focus on placement. Few examples: short return...
  12. Is a Butterfly Super ALC more controllable than an ALC blade?

    My idea of control is, if your rubbers/blade do exactly what you expect. Therefore control is always subjective, and can be skill determined. A worse player probably thinks a blade that is very spin insensitive, and not to fast, where every ball goes onto the other side by itself to be...
  13. Joo Sae Hyuk gluing up his Nexy JSH Gen 2 bat in Korea Air HQ

    What cloth thingy is he using to apply the glue?
  14. I TESTED MA LONG’S ACTUAL TABLE TENNIS BAT!

    Assumingly with "softer" he means just not as hard as its almost 55-60° wich it actually is supposed to have (42° Dhs scale if I remember correctly). The backhand would be interesting aswell, that is true. And for the outer ply, yes it should be limba.
  15. Looking for a new BH rubber

    Also decent choices. In the end your playing style is important, how you tend to use your backhand and how you manage incoming spin etc.
  16. Looking for a new BH rubber

    Yeah try the MX-P first and see if you like these style of rubbers on BH. Or if it rather should be more tacky. Perhaps Glayzer or Rakza Z.
  17. Mizuno Q Power, is it good?

    So I've played with Q Quality today and must say its soo easy to play. It isn't as fast as Nexy Etika but a bit more bouncy initially, probably less spin aswell or atleast I need to ajust a bit still to get its poential. But the safety in every stroke is what impresses me. Gives you a lot of...
  18. Rumour new Butterfly flagship rubber

    The name and logo look like it is more focused on speed. Like an arrow piercing through
  19. Thoughts on Vega X ?

    Yes, the speed and spin capabilites are high enough for most players. Actually, those in my club who play Vega are those who i struggle with their spin the most. Euro, Japan ande Vega H Pro are played by them.
  20. Thoughts on Vega X ?

    The Vega Series, especially Pro, Japan, Europe are no brainers for me if you play at an intermediate level. And the X is supposedly an successor to the Pro. Some say thats true, some prefer the Pro. As always its preference. If you can safe some money with Vega you should just try the one you...
Top