Search results

  1. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Yes I just saw that. Jeoung continues to remind me that having a crappy forehand doesn't mean the world must come to an end in table tennis.
  2. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Logically I agree. But what I will say is that it really comes down to LYJ. I think when he is playing well. CCA and CCY play better. And that might be enough under the right circumstances.
  3. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    The best threat to the CNT didn't play the event though with CCY sitting it out and LYJ injured. We will get a better idea after the World Team Cup.
  4. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    About as dominating a win as it gets and Ma Long didn't even play.
  5. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    It always sounds and looks that way and then the match ends 3-0, and we wonder why we ever expected anything to change in our lifetime. Jang is playing well, but that is nothing new...
  6. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    The Indian team is still eating Dinner as we speak.
  7. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Those guys are still the highest ranked and they win the internal trials.
  8. Forehand power vs Backhand power

    Big grip change is really slow grip change combined with poor anticipation. The grip changes the top players make. Ow are fairly large. Look at Dima as another example. It really comes down to how fast they read the game and anticipate what grip they want to use for the shot they play. After...
  9. Forehand power vs Backhand power

    I think if you play table tennis you will see that timing a backhand away from the table is hard unless the ball is a clean rally ball. Playing a chopper is hard to do consistently with the backhand as adjusting to last second changes in the ball trajectory is hard. Tes we can argue thar...
  10. Forehand power vs Backhand power

    Thia ia pretty much complete.
  11. Forehand power vs Backhand power

    I think people are underestimating what taking the ball in front of you means for limiting hip usage and torso rotation. Also adjusting strike zones on the backhand is much harder than doing so on the forehand. When baseball hitters start hitting with a backhand motion, then we can have a...
  12. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Hahahaha... Niwa needs that....
  13. LF All Wood Blade like Korbel but with smaller head size

    The short game and confident blocking game is still very important and that is where I usually give up, because the faster blades make it harder to feel the ball when you are looped at under pressure. Ultimately, it comes down to your confidence in the blade and how it plays across a range of...
  14. LF All Wood Blade like Korbel but with smaller head size

    I 100% agree. I am looking for the right balance between risk and reward. The good thing is that the website, ttgearlab.com, does some interesting testing that I am using to think through my blade choices. I am also learning what I like in the inner plies which I never took seriously (ayous...
  15. LF All Wood Blade like Korbel but with smaller head size

    The biggest lesson I have learned from testing all these blades is that I like flat handles. When a handle is too fat, it places too much stress on my arthritis and my fingers. In fact, everytime I have shaved a handle to make it flatter like a Korbel, or if it already has that flatness, I...
  16. 2019 ITTF Pan Am Championships

    Congrats to Ishiy. Also congrats to Alto, who beat Monteiro, Madrid and Jha, all victories that were hard earned against players who are generally strong players in ITTF tour events.
  17. 2019 ITTF Pan Am Championships

    This isn't an Olympics qualifier.
  18. 2019 ITTF Pan Am Championships

    Lily wins gold in all 4 events - WT, XD, WD, and WS! Excellent!
  19. European Team Championships 2019

    Portugal beat them and took their place on the podium. The Yu Fu - Han Ying matchup doesn't favor Germany so I suspect they took a sub with Mittelham to rest Han and expected Solja to win her matchup with Shao Jieni. You know the rest as Petrissa had an epic choke to lose the match from 2-0 up.
  20. Ovtcharov No.1 Senso Blade Review | With Dimitrij Ovtcharov

    I agree with you though you have to remember the quality of the shots they are facing vs the quality we face.
Top