Search results

  1. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Lin Gaoyuan didn't play the Team Event... amazing... FZD looks like a schoolboy despite being the defending champ - that he couldn't defend/neutralize LGY's Chiquita was a bit depressing.
  2. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    That's not the impression people give me watching him at tournaments. He trains everyday and pretty hard. Even on match days.
  3. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Only if you think he looks like a schoolboy making the ATTC semis... Harimoto still looks lost. Not clear if he is growing fast enough...
  4. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Xu Xin is making Harimoto look like a schoolboy...
  5. Should you ever downgrade?

    Go to a slower blade and set up. It is always worth it. You can always go back.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It could just be that you don't have the right serve. But you need to have recovered into place as the ball bounces on the opponent's side. The serve quality with height, depth, spin and deception plays a big role. Serving into the opponent's middle while keeping the ball short can prevent...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Usually, a looper should serve short with topspin or backspin, double bounce short unless the opponent loops really well over the table or attacks long balls well, in which case you serve really short if the opponent cannot push. If you want the ball to come to your forehand, serve into the...
  8. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    They really should try Hirano - Hayata. That might be special.
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Since I have time, let me comment. First of all, you really should have won the 4th game. I don't know whether it is because you lost the match or because you don't have a lot of experience playing certain styles that you feel he returned your serves well - I suspect the issue is partly that...
  10. Thin handle?

    I was thinking more the Sweden Classic and Extra.
  11. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    The match is on Sunday.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    A good coach told me that if the opponent doesn't change there is no need for you to change anything. I will return with my take later but it is different in some ways from DE. I think you pushed way too many long serves and used your backhand improperly way too many times. But I will...
  13. Thin handle?

    I basically file/sand the upper part of the handle to make it easier to hold with finger and thumb. Unfortunately too many blade makers let the thickness of the blade affect the thickness of the handle so you mostly have to sand it down yourself if you want to make it flatter. That said' blade...
  14. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    He has beaten him before but it's been a while since they played and the top CNT players get extra prep for playing the top CNT opponents. Very different focus level which is why I want to see the JYS win.
  15. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    You know I meant the JYS win...
  16. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Looks like Jeoung won't get to reap what he sowed. Too bad as beating LJK would have been tough for Harimoto.
  17. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    No. I think the 40mm ball made the backhand equally important but I think the plastic ball has shifted the balance of power back to the forehand. The Chiquita is easier to play now but it is not as devastating.
  18. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Yeah. Zeio sees the potential of everyone except Ishikawa. The excuse is youth, but the truth is that no one is doing that well against the Chinese. The most competitive matches are against Ding Ning from other countries especially PRK. Hirano didn't really make a dent.
  19. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    https://youtu.be/AF784Rl1PbY Sathiyan's win over Harimoto for people who want to see it.
  20. ITTF-ATTU Asian Table Tennis Championships 2019

    That is debatable but I get your gist. At least he has the power to make up for it. Would love to see the match one day.
Top