Search results

  1. WTT Finals Men and Women Fukuoka 2024, 11/20-24

    Good to know. In Germany you struggle to get women's teams together and even if you go as high as 1. Bundesliga there is just way less people watching compared to the men's game, be it online or live.
  2. WTT Finals Men and Women Fukuoka 2024, 11/20-24

    I think the original plan of WTT was to separate women's and men's events, but I think people just are less interested in the women's game so it's better to do them simultaneously. Anyone happen to know the audience numbers for the Finals events?
  3. Why it is hard for umpires to call hidden serves

    I don't play anymore, but the specific issue with the serve was that players put spin on the shuttle before they hit it with the racquet. Since you can't really put spin on the shuttle with the racquet it was a big deal. I did not see anyone do it when I was still playing at university.
  4. WTT Finals Men and Women Fukuoka 2024, 11/20-24

    Announced today. No separation between men and women this time. Taking place November 20 - 24.
  5. Best shops to visit in Germany

    That's our local stores: Sport Piehl: Maxstraße 59, 67059 Ludwigshafen am Rhein Tischtennis-Shop Schwetzingen: Schälzigweg 94, 68723 Schwetzingen Should be the biggest store in Germany: Schöler&Micke Shop Dortmund Alte Strasse 59 44143 Dortmund And their partnered shops (lots of them)
  6. Best shops to visit in Germany

    Depends on where you are going.
  7. Why it is hard for umpires to call hidden serves

    In professional badminton it's not an issue. There is a service judge with a device to measure height of contact point because that's the only rule although last year a serve got banned that put spin on the shuttle and made it too difficult to return.
  8. Why it is hard for umpires to call hidden serves

    I once complained about a clubmate's serves because every single one of them is illegal and he got mad at me. That's what you get for trying to correct people. This sport is one giant headache.
  9. World Cup 2024

    The venue looked very impressive. I liked the men's and women's tables next to each other.
  10. World Cup 2024

    He was tearing up during the ceremony and who knows what was happening backstage.
  11. World Cup 2024

    Feel bad for LGY. The man was crying.
  12. World Cup 2024

    I saw 2014 and stopped skimming right there.
  13. ITTF/WTT problems reported from players

    I know Dang Qiu also complained about the playing system for the group stage and that whole delayed payment thing is a huge flag. I guess players need to collectively complain about their issues to make it gain track.
  14. ITTF/WTT problems reported from players

    Isn't there an athletes committee that can deal with this stuff?
  15. Why it is hard for umpires to call hidden serves

    I know they don't make much money, but it takes years to become an umpire for the international circuit and it's not easy. Why bother if you aren't invested?
  16. Why it is hard for umpires to call hidden serves

    There is no need. The ball needs to be visible all the time per rules. The problem is that umpires don't enforce them and at the same time they are not able to judge serves accurately. It also falls unto players to complain when opponents don't serve properly, but most don't. You also run into...
  17. Why it is hard for umpires to call hidden serves

    They are really badly positioned. I asked a national umpire and that was his answer when I asked him that question. You would need a service judge(s) like in badminton. That's his/her only job, but it's also way easier to tell and the judge has a device for it.
  18. Simon Gauzy was right or wrong in that point?

    The hawkeye is coming. There are no details yet though as to when and which events will feature it.
  19. World Cup 2024

    Sora's serve got called twice now by the assistant umpire for not being vertical enough. I love when umpires arbitrarily decide to call serves thinking they should start doing their job.
  20. World Cup 2024

    Lind unable to block or counter with his backhand and blaming his rubber. He was so pissed, left in a hurry after the match and left his coach behind.
Top