Search results

  1. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    One of the unstated differences is that in the National Games, players get team coaches. So the mental game is a big deal but not as big as in ITTF events. ------------------------------ It might be weird but I can understand RTK's annoyance as an ML fan. How can anyone deny ML after all the...
  2. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    I don't think anyone said losing a game to Calderano or Falck should be seen as a weakness. The bigger issue is whether there is any other player who is also dominating the era and whether that play is from ML's generation. Like in 2011, Ma Long was dominating and ZJK was coming second just...
  3. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    A good Chiquita would have cut a lot of that crap out. My opinion. RTK doesn't have to accept it.
  4. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    So when you look at the semi-finalists and finalists and their level of experience and titles (I think Raineverever had a list) as well as the reduction in the competitiveness of the fields by the ITTF, you think the only point people are making is that Ma Long lost to Wang Hao? Or that Ma...
  5. Learn serving and receiving tactics from Ma Long and Liang Jingkun

    Well if you are standing where he is, you see something different. The other thing to remember is that Liang has watched and played Ma Long many times so there are cues he is looking for. It is quite possible that something Ka Long did to setup the serve threw him off. Match play in terms of...
  6. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    I don't think there is an inability to understand I think there is a clear disagreement. What post led you to believe that there is an inability to understand? Could you quote it?
  7. Learn serving and receiving tactics from Ma Long and Liang Jingkun

    Look at the complete swing motion on the serve. On the second one Ma Long comes more under the ball.
  8. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    I never said that. You may have interpreted me as saying that but I never said that. I am the same person who felt that Ma Long was the greatest ever before he ever even won a WTTC, as crazy as that sounds (Carl say on the path, but I think results matter and bronze is a result, and I...
  9. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    I think he asked whether ML had a injury lol.
  10. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    We have hear Ma Long say that the public is the one that thinks his mental game is weak not him, and he has also said he is mentally weak- which is it? Complaints just tend to go along with wins and losses. ML complained after loss in Asian TT champs 2017 but silence after WTTC 2017. Par for...
  11. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    Hahahaha. Every thing must be learned and yes, I have heard that National Games are a big deal in China. I know Ma Long won the last one with celluloid ball, beating Wang Hao in semis and Fan in the final. I think both matches were close. Not his usual 4-0 over Wang Hao in useless matches...
  12. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    Good to know. We need to move to China.
  13. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    Hahahaha...
  14. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    I know the ball didn't make Ma Long a great player - causality is not that simple. But I also do not think it is purely a coincidence that his backhand improved and his titles came after the introduction of the plastic ball. It isn't overwhelming as a factor, but I think it is clearly a...
  15. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    It wasn't just mental toughness. Even when commentating those matches, experts in China would point to Ma Long's countering technique as being unable to consistently put pressure on Wang Hao. Yes of course, Ma Long won matches where Wang Hao wasn't willing to give max effort as Wang Hao was a...
  16. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    Are they majors?
  17. Tibhar Force Pro Blue (Why are Stiff blades better for short pimples?)

    Actually, the fact that all the blades are in the same speed range is highly symptomatic of EJing. Someone who is seriously testing equipment is trying Carbon vs all wood or All+/Off- vs Off vs Off+ or focusing on handle design to see what suits his grip (usually a custom handle is best)...
  18. Is ma long the GOAT ?

    Yes it was easier to impart spin which made the technique for adjusting to serves and opening attacks more challenging. Hence many players who struggled to counter opening flips or attacks with the older ball started going it more easily after the ball change. Courtesy of the plastic ball...
  19. Learn serving and receiving tactics from Ma Long and Liang Jingkun

    The spin is not identical. But if you even pretend it is, the stroke size from LJK is not the same. But the spin is not identical.
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Swing with the hips, not the arm. Stop trying to hit the ball hard. Get the hip timing down even if you put the ball into the net. When the hip timing is fixed, the rest will follow easily. Swinging hard is overrated.
Top