Search results

  1. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    I would have called it out and Persson had a good view.
  2. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    So if the Japanese had said that the umpire was friendly with the Chinese players but not friendly with the Japanese players, you would have preferred it? Or if they said the umpire had lunch with the Chinese players, that would have been better? Ethnic heritage is what is getting you...
  3. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    No. They didn't get silvers. Their low seeding meant they met Xu Xin and Zhang Jike too early in the draw. Timo has one WTTC bronze, Dima had one Olympics bronze when it comes to singles. They have teams Olympic and WTTTC medals but nothing in doubles at WTTC.
  4. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    And if you are discussing what happened with the umpire in a language that the opponents cannot understand, how is that fair?
  5. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    I know racism and nationalism are not good buzz words, but the point is that the umpire was communicating with the players in Mandarin not English according to Ito. Hope that makes it clear how it comes an issue. If both teams spoke good Chinese, it might have been less of an issue.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    My knees are shit and slow heavy topspin is not what it used to be with the new ball. Don't get me wrong, my looping style is already high arc and spin based, but getting low to loop backspin has been a bit of a crapshoot. That the guy often blocked heavy topspin into the net cracked me up. I...
  7. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Players who advance in all 3 events will get wiped out. They aren't robots. Only if you have event participation limits may it work. But then you limit the opportunity yo see the best players multiple times.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Well, the Westchester tournament has wooden floor so it is different. IT is very nice to play at, I can't play with the same feeling elsewhere. If I edit some video I might post a shorter version. Here is my favorite point (there were probably other good ones but this particular one I like)...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I went to Westchester to play on Saturday for the first time in a few years - Saturday is usually the day for lower players and Sunday for higher players but I had dropped low enough lol. I wanted revenge on a sandbagging penholder that I hoped would be there - unfortunately he didn't turn up...
  10. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    What will be interesting for CNT as well on the Men's side is who is the alternate to the Olympics - is it Lin Gaoyuan or Liang Jingkun? Or Wang Chuqin? Small things but they say something about the internal dynamics. For the women, who is the third player on the team? Zhu Yuling would have...
  11. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Looks like Ishikawa, Ito, Hayata. Japan will care about the doubles slot. But they have locked themselves into the top 2 ranked positions. Unless the WTTC points end up hurting Ito who went out earlier than the rest. That may get Hirano or Kato in.
  12. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    I think anyone familiar with TT knows that this 2012 story is not as simplistic as you make out. Familiarize yourself with the details, and we can have an informed conversation. Maybe when you have, then it will be worth discussing. Because you seem to not even try to understand how the...
  13. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    It is hard to co-ordinate and takes time. Even in the NBA and NFL, it can add 2 minutes, sometimes more. And these are the two of richest sports in the world. I think a net sensor makes more sense for let calls, with a threshold and audible response that makes it clear to everyone.
  14. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Nah. The Japanese girls don't fold like that. IT will be a match till the end.
  15. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    He wasn't doubted by many, he just choked and put too much pressure on himself. Trust me, very few people were given as many resources and opportunities to cope with their issues as Ma Long was, and you don't get those resources if people truly doubt you. If you watch any interview with any of...
  16. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    I think he will retire after the Olympics.
  17. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    A mild pity that LJK ruined what should have been an epic semi-final, but thanks to Falck and Gauzy for a great tournament!
  18. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Just register at the bleacher report - it is currently free.
  19. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    The timeout was very stupid if you ask me. But people make mistakes.
Top