Search results

  1. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    This is the plain truth but unfortunately it is hard to accept the truth when admitting to it will make you a liar.
  2. FZD: More than Rivals with ML

    How so? These are motivational tactics. In fact if XX wins, then maybe the attitude that LGL gave him may play a huge role in how his confidence was built. Why would be mince his own words?
  3. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    I believe some round of 64 matches are tomorrow too.
  4. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    I couldn't watch table 2 no matter how hard I tried to get in. Amazing.
  5. Spin is better than Speed - I am a believer now.

    Sure. Play a top player and see if you can come to this conclusion and tell.me how you come to.it. Every world ranked player I have played, the overwhelming characteristic of their game for me was the spin level. They could take the ball differently in timing etc., but there was never any...
  6. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    You could just have stuck with the second part as Fan and Ding were unseeded and even are in the same half of the draw as Liu Shiwen and Xu Xin. The randomness of the draw and the seeding limitations are what they are.
  7. Spin is better than Speed - I am a believer now.

    Nobody bang bang hits at the top levels everyone plays with spin. It's all relative and more about taking the ball early vs taking it later and other compromises.
  8. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Well some colors need to be regulated against. I don't want to play against white sheets etc. The devil is always in the details.
  9. Spin is better than Speed - I am a believer now.

    His name would probably provide a lot more information than his playing style. Playing styles of any kind are hard to execute without the right kind of experience and opposition.
  10. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Amy Wang finding it pretty easy so far vs the old timer.
  11. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Hahaha... I am also on record as saying that Toriola needs to go too... I understand they need to be removed by upcoming talent but it needs to happen.
  12. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Hey, you have heard TTGuru's lawyerly defense of the ITTF. So they are doing the best they can. I would just put a cellphone there and stream it but what do I know.?
  13. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Amy Wang playing Ruta. Going to be a tough one for Amy dealing with Ruta strength to strength on the backhand. Olufunke is on table 1. Pillar of Nigerian TT but she needs to be replaced too.
  14. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Understood. And you believe that a match between Karaksevic and Maze won't generate social media content?
  15. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    I get the lesser countries argument, but I think you (suspecting you have close ties to the ITTF) are rationalizing the ITTFs inability to work something out for situations like this.
  16. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Yeah. Just discuss what you want.
  17. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    It probably is a function of assigning tables based on the draw. The ITTF should try to do a bit better as they try to grow the sport. Table and court reassignments to maximize eyeballs and take advantage of spectator interest are have common analogies in major sports.
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Blocking video. https://youtu.be/Fl4RDcgpwIE This guy was taught in part by my main technical coach (Brett Clarke).
  19. Butterfly Dignics 05 Rubber Review

    G-1 is pretty hard maybe like Vega Pro and around 47 degrees. C-1 is a bit softer closer to 45 degrees. But it is still a hard topsheet like G‐1. G-1 comes from the same generation as Barracuda, Genius and Hexer which I all liked with the plastic ball but which all didn't suit my game in...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I don't believe there is anything like passive blocking especially with modern equipment. There is soft blocking and there is hard blocking and both involve fairly active strokes. To block very passively, you need soft rubber and a guarantee that the ball will compress the sponge which only...
Top