Search results

  1. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    The transparency of the draw is nice. Otherwise, I would have thought there were some backdoor shenanigans.
  2. Butterfly Dignics 05 Rubber Review

    $105 = 3 sheets of Fastarc C-1 or Fastarc G-1. That for me ends the discussion right there.
  3. Butterfly Dignics 05 Rubber Review

    Dan gets Butterfly $1mm in sales with this review.
  4. FZD: More than Rivals with ML

    LGL continues to do what he is a master of, reframe the issue to get the best state of mind and performance out of his best athletes.
  5. FZD: More than Rivals with ML

    The Xu Xin commentary has to be one of my favorite of all time.
  6. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    ML not doing post-match interviews said it all. He let one slip and he knew it. What it means for the future is the question. But not giving post-match interviews is not consistent with being okay with a loss because you didn't give your best. Not consistent at all. ML actively used his...
  7. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Whatever Ma Long lost (assuming mild rust) is invisible to my naked eye. He let FZD off the hook at the Asian Cup. I don't know what to take from a loss where Ma Long was up in just about every game. His serves look nastier and his third ball is surprisingly sharper. He just got caught by...
  8. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    I have a high level friend who thinks Xu Xin hates playing his compatriots and can't bring forth the same effort as he does against players from other countries. My friend doesn't deny Xu Xin's imbalanced game so I found his perspective interesting.
  9. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Yeah. Though I believe if Xu Xin hadn't played all the events he was eligible for (which he also all won apart from the singles), it might have been a different story.
  10. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    In 2015, I believe he got Fang Bo and lost 3-4 in R16 or so. He really deserves better.
  11. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    Xu Xin will get ML. He has that kind of luck.
  12. How to get used to new rubber ?

    This is true but besides the point. Rubbers are different but not so different that you can't learn how to adjust to them once you get a feel for what the rubber is supposed to do. Tenergy 64 is more speed oriented but it is still a very spinny rubber. It blocks and pushes well. I believe...
  13. World Table Tennis Championships 2019

    At that time he should have beaten Lee Sang Su.
  14. Advice on how I should play

    The backhand is like a penhold backhand. You can see it from the way Boggan blocks. The shots in first point in the match against Dubina are backhands. The anti is for variation, usually to try to block the ball short to being the opponent in or to maintain position at the table. It is not a...
  15. Advice on how I should play

    Great stuff. If he is willing to figure out LP or MP by himself, you have given him the best response. A bit hard without a coach but not impossible.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I rarely ever analyze anything other than footwork and body rotation from the back. Hard to make serious comments about your technique from this camera angle.
  17. Advice on how I should play

    Losing to young improving players is part of the cycle of table tennis. Even if you improve he will probably improve more. If you are USATT 1100, there are many ways to improve, the problem though is that most of them require you to find and play better players and to learn and understand...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I find for me that revisiting bad footage allows me to put the play on perspective and find my own story. It may not happen immediately the match is over but I find a time to do it.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Feel better. Not sure whether I told you I played JT at the Cary Cup.
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I wrote a long response to this before I had to do other stuff so I never posted it. Zeio translated LGL saying that one of the reasons that ML perpetually struggled with WH was that he didn't position himself properly from a mental standpoint and it affected this technical execution. ZJK...
Top