Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    MY club tournament was today. Ever since my club down sized to a smaller space, they have not had good tournaments, only for players U2000, which means I am only eligible when I am playing bad lol. So since I lost a few points at my last 2 tournaments, I was eligible again. All the other...
  2. How to break in h3?

    Boosting is not was what people think it is, the main purpose of boosting is to make the sponge more elastic/compressible. The effect is temporary but may get you through an initiation period. I would just get the sponge hardness you really want and just rub a thin layer of oil on the sponge...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    That royally sucks. Good luck finding a new coach. Is your coach moving to a far away place?
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Just record the session. Usually that captures the information and you can then review, learn and fix.
  5. Redeveloping strokes

    You are a very good player so the advice is a bit more difficult. I will give you my prescription. 1. Stop using the robot. Use multiball. 2. Backhand play is very different from forehand play for most players. Backhand is good against quality ball. Backhand is not so good against a...
  6. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    It is something I concluded and I doubt that Niwa would have felt the need to play well vs someone he has lost to almost every time he has played that person if not for that fact. Sometimes, it is the nature of the circumstances that causes these issues.
  7. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    Yes but top athletes are often also realistic and usually set incremental goals. You don't hear most countries going after Olympic gold in singles, they talk about getting a medal because they know they are thinking about silver or bronze depending on the event. Koki Niwa cares, and I never...
  8. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    What part of my statement is not factual? That he would have been less embarrassed if he was playing this match in Hong Kong?
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I have played quite a bit and lost a lot of matches trying to get my tournament form back and I can see that my physical effort is not there largely because of my right knee and I haven't really decide what to do. It is so much harder to end points on third ball everything is rally now. And...
  10. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    Wang Nan is on the short list for the greatest female players of all time. Koki Niwa is not on the short list for the greatest Japanese players of all time. Apples and oranges.
  11. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    Again, he was playing in Japan in front of his people against a Chinese player and was embarrassed by his performance. This context is missing when evaluating his statement.
  12. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    But he can't just like Koki Niwa can not. The difference is that MA long was losing to one person. Koki Niwa keeps playing Fan and Ma Long and nothing changes. He will not stop trying or playing as TT is his life but playing in front of his home country the pressure to play well was immense...
  13. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    Sure. It is not a fighting thing, he knows he lacks the weapons to get the job done. Ever played someone who after a few points you realize there is no point chasing the ball to block it because they will just loop to the opposite corner and never miss until you do? That is how Koki feels. He...
  14. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    Tell Koki Niwa what to do. Coach him.
  15. Am I too old?

    Well said. I am realizing the importance of this lesson too with less time to train. You have to define what you do and do it well.
  16. Yui Hamamoto moving to Austria

    They need someone to replace Liu Jia and they do have Polcanova.
  17. Am I too old?

    Every good player like yourself goes through this. Revisit in two weeks. This is not the time to take what you think seriously. Even me right now I lost two matches yesterday, I feel like ****. But good coaches have told me this is normal when you feel down after losing so you need to just...
  18. Am I too old?

    How you think about table tennis after losing is always affected by the losses. Playing against better players, losing is the natural result. The real issue is whether you can improve under the guidance of a proper coach.
  19. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    BTW, Koki Niwa beats Harimoto in a somewhat meaningless match. But for who?
  20. 2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

    Li Xiaoxia once had the nickname "bridesmaid" because she always came second and look how that turned out. People just like to say nasty things without a shred of patience and context.
Top