Search results

  1. Marvellous 12 2019

    I am partly taking a jab at someone like Wang Chen (and her supporters) who is not happy with how the next US Olympic team will be selected. Not so much because I don't think she has a point, but because she acts as if the people doing it are inherently corrupt and immoral.
  2. Viscaria vs long 5

    When did he leave Yasaka?
  3. Coming soon!!! MX-K in making from Tibhar's collaboration with Nexy

    The Batos blade sounds interesting. Given my love affair with Nexy handles and ALC blades, I might give it a try. I like the Boll ALC, I just wish I could magically install a Nexy handle. Lol. Nexy should make an ALC Calix 2 or Qabod.
  4. Coming soon!!! MX-K in making from Tibhar's collaboration with Nexy

    Probably Korea but Karis is not a control rubber per se - I think the reason it ended up being that way was partly because of who produced it. Karis was supposed to be first and foremost a linear rubber - a rubber where you could gauge the output very easily based on your input and with a...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes, the speed is similar on basic loops but there is a slight difference in feeling when you hit the ball harder (Butterfly blades tend to feel as if they are releasing the ball a bit more slowly). But it is a tiny detail. You want a slower blade, I think Innerforce is the right place to go...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Maybe a full match would allow us to see these things. But if backhand is your Achilles heel, then it is likely more mental than real. It is also likely that you can still go to Timo Boll ALC speed levels but whether that would make a difference I don't know.
  7. Ask Kalinikos Kreanga a question!

    Does he think about any part of his game that he wishes could have been better and might have helped him become World Champion? What was his most memorable win and his most annoying loss?
  8. Coming soon!!! MX-K in making from Tibhar's collaboration with Nexy

    MX-K, which I think should be an ESN version of Karis would be a game changer for me. Karis with ESN quality control would really be nice. Very linear rubber and likely good for my close to the table game.
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have a friend who is like NDH. It is like playing a more mobile and powerful version of myself and it helps me realize what pros feel like when they play Dima. NDH is just naturally stronger than the rest of us and don't let anyone fool you into thinking that strength doesn't matter in TT...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    NDH is another sandbagger by the way. The sandbaggers are DerEchte, Richie and NDH. You will think when they compare their games to others that they have issues but they have things they do incredibly well that you can only beat them by taking away from them. If they complain about their...
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    BRS would like this. He is practicing this push - it was shown to him as the correct forehand push by a high level coach on Denmark at a camp. Deep and fast with more closed angle. I want to try it too.
  12. USA Lily Zhang new equipment

    So you think that in 2019, they cant figure out what a player will like based on the material they previously used? No one is going to give Lily something completely different from what she is currently using. I suspect as well she has been testing stuff already. So this is where I agree with...
  13. USA Lily Zhang new equipment

    I think if you read my statement it is clear that switching is a big issue for some players but it is all about whether they feel they will play worse or not. No one likes to switch. But the issue is not switching but the performance. It is possible to switch and play better. You don't...
  14. Improve my FH topspin

    If cost is that big a deal, a high level coach recommended this to me...
  15. Marvellous 12 2019

    That is amazing. That you can set a quota on equipment like that. That team objectives trump individual fairness to that degree would bring about a law suit in the US...
  16. USA Lily Zhang new equipment

    Adapting is not the same.thing as switching. And I have seen and heard of pro players switch rubber or blade instantaneously. It all depends on how great the differences are. It is when there are shots they feel they would make with one rubber or blade and they miss with the other that...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Where is all the faux pastry negativity? Without it, I can make the case for sandbagging. More seriously we need video. With video we can see whether these things are true. Those of us who know your old game have an instinctive idea of what is happening but I don't want to bias anyone, post...
  18. USA Lily Zhang new equipment

    Yes it is that easy to switch. Whether she will play at exactly the same level is another story but there is no reason to expect her not to. She isn't Timo Boll or Marco's Freitas and even if she were, those rubbers are designed to perform like Tenergy even if they don't always feel like it...
  19. USA Lily Zhang new equipment

    Just about any ESN rubber designed to be top range with the latest technology. Could be MX-P evolution or Omega VOr Omega 7 Xiom or Bluefire, Rakza X, Rasanter, Bluestorm etc. People could prefer Tenergy for various reasons but it is preference - it is not like players like Samsonov, Dyjas...
Top