Search results

  1. Balls hitting the edge of the racket

    Getting the right separation from the ball enables you to judge the ball better. But so does experience judging spin, so sometimes, it is really just judging the ball better and not footwork.
  2. Balls hitting the edge of the racket

    It is great to hear it from a famous national Chinese coach.
  3. Balls hitting the edge of the racket

    My usual technique is to hit the ball with solid contact on the side and then push forward. I almost never racket edge unless I am too close to the table to let the ball kick.
  4. Balls hitting the edge of the racket

    This has to be one of the best videos ever translated. Thanks for performing a national treasure.
  5. 2019 Portugal Open Feb 13-17

    Does anyone hit the ball harder than Ionescu?
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Here is one good player on the subject. In fact, your joints are all circular so unless you are trying to force your racket to act differently, it will generally follow the shape of the ball. https://youtu.be/eJuCMb79oWo The issue then becomes whether choice of racket path can accentuate...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yeah. We disagree and we are both obviously trying to be civil despite intense disagreement. But I remember what the follow through doesn't matter theory did to my game. So I don't want someone who is trying to figure TT out to make the same mistake I did.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Okay. I think it is more important than that but your view is fine as well. I think a stroke is a vector as is spin. The turning effect of the whole stroke is what influences the contact. If I say start st 9 and finish at 3, the turning effect is very different from if I say start at 9 and...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Watching a stroke at half speed sometimes gives a deceptive idea of what the player is trying to do because you think what happens at half speed is what determined the full path and trajectory of the ball and forget that strokes need to be played in a large path with no pausing so you have to...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I 100% agree with this. At least, for my preferred playing distance, the 2 to 8 o clock paradigm to put it extremely is what is working for me. That is what I am trying to say.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Lula, How would you replicate this stroke on the forehand side? https://youtu.be/JilVcyc0k_E?t=2100
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I think very few people stress the importance of finishing the stroke down. Stroke like an upside down U. Maybe people don't with their body when they are low. But I think you have to go up and down to be reliable close to the table. But I could be wrong. Of course saying low is not an...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I had an epiphany today. I have been trying to figure out how to play close to the table topspins for a while especially countertopspins. It has been a struggle as no coach or video has been able to give me good insight into how to think about it. I have tried a lot of stuff but none of it has...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I was about to point out that she was likely gluing but you mentioned it.
  15. Head light (balanced weight) 5 ply blades?

    Yasaka Extra or Yasaka Allround. Relatively thin and small head and well balanced blade.
  16. Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 05 HARD VS Rakza X

    Yes, try a Tenergy. Cost is not the main reason I don't use it. It is too fast for my passive game since I don't train that much. You may prefer 80 or 64 to 05 but 05 is for close to the table and mid distance topspin. Tenergy topsheet and sponge is better than most but I cant control it in...
  17. Zhang Jike - News, Pics, Videos & more

    He is not playing Marvelous 12. Has he silently retired? Or will he still try for Olympics without WTTC 2019? Not sure how...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yeah he needs an opponent with that style. I remember playing s tournament and was in the same group with an LP blocker and a looping junior. I beat the LP blocker 3-0, the looping junior beat me 3-0 and the LP blocker beat the looping junior 3-1. You get the gist.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    That style is hard to play against without practice, it takes advantage of everything a looper is trained to do. You cannot back off the table because the ball usually stays short and backspin doesn't look like backspin nor topspin like topspin because of how it is being created. But finding...
Top