Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Well, I had done a few slower but there are a couple of things, the main one was that I know my training partner blocks well and I wanted to play some game speed strokes because my practice ball arcs a lot and sometimes makes me look like I just practice weak balls so I wanted to flatten the arc...
  2. Semifinal Pingisligan 2018/2019

    Was that a sudden death game? Interesting rules...
  3. South Korea's Lineup for WTTC 2019

    Yang is a cutie who plays great TT. Her mother was main coach.
  4. South Korea's Lineup for WTTC 2019

    Yeah, any news on Yang Haeun? I don't think Der Echte will agree that everything is okay without her.
  5. Starting youtube channel?

    IT doesn't have to perfect. Don't care about the sound or all that stuff. It will get better with time and who knows, someone might volunteer to help you with stuff and then it gets easier.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    My latest loop to block drill, all random. Definitely need some work to improve my backhand readiness and preparation but I am happier with it. Fewer forehands with no rotation. https://youtu.be/alBYwJUil8k
  7. Starting youtube channel?

    Definitely do pips videos. It is an underserved market in table tennis right now. Just being able to respond to questions about pips is more than enough to get you a following.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    His voice has one of the coolest accents and cadences in the history of mankind.
  9. Japan Top 12 and WTTC 2019 Trial, 3/2-3

    8 best results can come from anywhere. We will have to see relative weighting to see if your point makes sense, but the best players usually play for the national team in major events. Blame Hayata or Japan, not the rating/ranking system.
  10. I’m in wrong path.. need Allround blade / Control blade & rubber

    That buying equipment is cheaper than buying cars.
  11. Japan Top 12 and WTTC 2019 Trial, 3/2-3

    Oh, it wasn't clear to me whether you wanted the ITTF to make the change or the JNT. Sorry about that.
  12. Japan Top 12 and WTTC 2019 Trial, 3/2-3

    There is a team event (WTTTC) which you are forgetting. Those things still matter long term for players. And people get injured and you need a succession policy. Ideally you don't want to have it but it has to be on paper somewhere.
  13. Japan Top 12 and WTTC 2019 Trial, 3/2-3

    This is not trivial. I am a believer that XX schedule hurt him in 2015 WTTC. The Japanese just don't seem to have thought about it in that way. Maybe they are deemphasizing going for gold in any specific event and focusing more on giving combinations of players a view before the Olympics. I am...
  14. Thoughts on coaching in-between points?

    They were not speaking in English. In a sense, the rule gave an advantage to non-English teams since everyone speaks English.
  15. Thoughts on coaching in-between points?

    Oh. I saw a pro surprisingly complain in a recent video. Wasn't his finest moment.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Will think about it - it is a bit more difficult as a married man, but if I am in Europe on vacation, I will see whether we can make something work. May be next year but we will see.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    What I saw was honestly pretty good. You are swinging with your core not just your upper arm. The camera angle is terrible so I can't say much more. Get a better recording setup please! Over time try to engage the legs more.
  18. I’m in wrong path.. need Allround blade / Control blade & rubber

    Seriously, thanks for coming to this forum. Your insight perfectly aligns with mine. Usually, when someone is as aggressive as Lightzy is, you want to know something about their TT history that makes them believe they know so much. And you get absolutely nothing from Lightzy. And the small...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Okay. Not sure what your level is but you sound like I do when I argued with my coach. I used to try to tell him how to train me. And I now realise how silly I was being. But on some things my stubborn approach did work out short term. Everyone has different goals for their game. When I got...
  20. Marvellous 12 2019

    Honestly I thought the translations were a parody when I first watched it. I suspect what is really happening is that Zhu Yuling has gotten extremely far in CNT despite playing a style that the coaches don't really like. And that this match was an opportunity for the coach to get on her a bit...
Top