Old JO Waldner Banda - Worth the time and effort?

This user has no status.
Funny! [emoji16]

f23139b90819dd12646aa2b9e82fc5a1.jpg

This user has no status.
c2f869917018ea2c611394927a012b39.jpg

Weird feeling.
Good sound, good bounce..
Glueing these rubbers on, the surface felt really slick and robust. Not like the other blades, they felt lighter and a bit more modern. The Banda feels more like that od thing you made in woodshop-class in school! :D
Really solid and slick..

Ill let you know tomorrow how she plays.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
c2f869917018ea2c611394927a012b39.jpg

Weird feeling.
Good sound, good bounce..
Glueing these rubbers on, the surface felt really slick and robust. Not like the other blades, they felt lighter and a bit more modern. The Banda feels more like that od thing you made in woodshop-class in school! :D
Really solid and slick..

Ill let you know tomorrow how she plays.

I tell you what: just ship that baby over to me and I will even test it out for you, just to make sure it plays okay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D and Liten
This user has no status.
Well, first hour practice after my cold.. and Im actually pissed off..
I spent a 100$ on a Stiga Hybrid Wood.. A 100$???? Good blade but.. this is ridiculous..
I spent 50 sek = about 6$.. on a table tennis table, a Stiga Privat Roller.. in decent condition.. the Banda came with it..
This is crazy..
I feel the ball.. and the stiffness and weight of the blade is so high the Rakza rubbers just kicked ass today! Crazy speed with the spin still there.. My buddy was pretty upset at the end of the session. :D

We compared it to my buddys Stickan Carlsson allround blade with Mark V rubbers in 2.0 thickness. That blade is featherlight compared to the Banda. You feel the ball in a totally different way, but you have to add all the speed/power yourself. A magnificent blade and you feel lightning fast playing it, but.. The Banda is a machine.. D*MN what a blade... There is such little effort needed to ad power. Returns away from the table are so much easier than berfore... Im flabbergasted!

My biceps will look like Arnold's in notime!

The Hybrid Wood just became the spare..

Happy days!

//Liten

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 2 reviews
Well, first hour practice after my cold.. and Im actually pissed off..
I spent a 100$ on a Stiga Hybrid Wood.. A 100$???? Good blade but.. this is ridiculous..
I spent 50 sek = about 6$.. on a table tennis table, a Stiga Privat Roller.. in decent condition.. the Banda came with it..
This is crazy..
I feel the ball.. and the stiffness and weight of the blade is so high the Rakza rubbers just kicked ass today! Crazy speed with the spin still there.. My buddy was pretty upset at the end of the session. :D

We compared it to my buddys Stickan Carlsson allround blade with Mark V rubbers in 2.0 thickness. That blade is featherlight compared to the Banda. You feel the ball in a totally different way, but you have to add all the speed/power yourself. A magnificent blade and you feel lightning fast playing it, but.. The Banda is a machine.. D*MN what a blade... There is such little effort needed to ad power. Returns away from the table are so much easier than berfore... Im flabbergasted!

My biceps will look like Arnold's in notime!

The Hybrid Wood just became the spare..

Happy days!

//Liten
Congrats!!!

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Liten
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sweeeeeeet. The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioc does reap mass destruction and smite thy foes in thy mercy!

That is awesome. Now you can give it a name for yourself instead of the one I gave it for this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D and Liten
This user has no status.
The market for the old stiga blades, stickan, stellan, hans and the kjell-blades have sort of exploaded. Our most popular auctionsite, called tradera, got them blades ending up in the 100-250$ pricerange..
But the Banda was a mystery to me. Never knew about it.

Ill keep my eyes peeled for more of these old gems from now on!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Yea, it played way better than any of my previous blades. Only stroke I missed continously was the forehand loop servereturns way out to my right. (This is were my buddy loves to play he's fast and hard serves..) I usually just hammer them back, but the Banda has a sliiightly smaller head and i counted to 5 times my return just cought the last edge of the blade, ending up as a slow and flimzy ball in the net.. Takes some getting used to.. but that wont be a problem..

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This experience have made me unsure about TTgear in general.
More and more, Table Tennis is ending up just as complicated as bass.
Ive played bass for about 24 years. Every time someone asks what strings I use my aswer is aways the same: what works on my bass for me will probobly not work on your bass for you. Let your bass decide what strings it needs. (Take your time and make up your own mind after you tried a bunch of stuff)

Feels like the same thing with rubbers on blades...
One set of rubbers feels totaly different on different blades and one blade feels totaly different with different rubbers. This makes the reviewing of gear hard and the reviewer should always state every aspect of the gear used imo. The reader should always take this in concisiration.

I just might have to revisit my Rakza reviews and edit the comments about speed.. Their not slow at all. The Hybrid Wood just wasnt the best blade for these rubbers..

This user has no status.
Thinking about it, buying the Hybrid Wood, an OFF+ blade was a good investment. Learned loads of important aspects of how a blade is made and what i prefer and do not prefer. The huge sweetspot helped in producing better hits, but did it help me develop a better stroke? Buying an OFF+ blade thinking its as fast as they come is a mistake. The hybrid wood is not a bad blade! Not at all! But I think it takes loads of experience in deciding what blade does what with different rubbers.

Tough business!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl