Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
"rubber/blade designed for play with poly balls" is nothing but a marketing trick designed to make you spend money.

Calix 2 is just fine, trust me buddy.

You mean you didn't fall for the claim that DHS Hurricane 8 was made for the plastic ball and just bought it despite having another rubber prior to that? :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
You mean you didn't fall for the claim that DHS Hurricane 8 was made for the plastic ball and just bought it despite having another rubber prior to that? :p

Correct.

I had purchased H8 back in March, and at the time plastic ball suitability was furthest from my mind.

The league season was coming to an end, and it was a good time to get a new FH rubber to get used to during the summer - after having played with the same sheet of H3N on FH for an entire season in 3 local leagues using the old celluloid ball.

I was mainly curious to see how H8 was different from H3N, especially it is was more forgiving/more effective on some shots I find hard to make with H3N. And at 30 euros it is a steal.

The local leagues I play in only switched to the plastic ball this season (starting late September).

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
TomasZ... Kanaph was my main blade for a couple tourneys until someone smashed my window and stole it with my rucksack...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

What kind of vuktard would do such a stupid thing. All this risk for a blade? It must have been some crazy stalkin' fanboy of you.
And what if you would have caught him? Bet, he wouldn't have survived that till the cops would have shown up.
Sad to hear/read.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This happened on one of my visits to Boston to see my daughter. There are hundreds if not thousands of those who live outside and would not hesitate to smash a window to steal stuff to pawn for drinking money.

If I caught them I wouldn't need police and they could keep on hanging out at Dunkins Donut shop.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Correct.

I had purchased H8 back in March, and at the time plastic ball suitability was furthest from my mind.

The league season was coming to an end, and it was a good time to get a new FH rubber to get used to during the summer - after having played with the same sheet of H3N on FH for an entire season in 3 local leagues using the old celluloid ball.

I was mainly curious to see how H8 was different from H3N, especially it is was more forgiving/more effective on some shots I find hard to make with H3N. And at 30 euros it is a steal.

The local leagues I play in only switched to the plastic ball this season (starting late September).

Nice story. The goon squad has pictures of you doing the secret handshake with Ding Ning in order to get the Blue sponge boosted version of H8. Don't repeat your story elsewhere or I will track down the goon squad and send the pictures to your wife and kids.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Nice story. The goon squad has pictures of you doing the secret handshake with Ding Ning in order to get the Blue sponge boosted version of H8. Don't repeat your story elsewhere or I will track down the goon squad and send the pictures to your wife and kids.

You got me. Sadly, I forgot to take a selfie with her. Can you please post the pictures here? No one at my club believes I met Ding Ning in real life, and some even claim my blue-sponge H8 is a fake :)

P.S.: I apologize to the OP for hijacking the thread.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What, a hijacking and nobody invited me along.

The Kanaph is a really nice blade. I like it as much as most blades that have a composite weave ply (ALC but I can't remember if it is Aramid or Arylate so we will need the Der_Meister for that part). But it feels great.

If you are already playing with Calix 2 no need for it. But it does play really well. And I like having more than a few blades I like lying around.

Sent from TheSecretHideout using TheInfamousNSASpyPhone

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
This happened on one of my visits to Boston to see my daughter. There are hundreds if not thousands of those who live outside and would not hesitate to smash a window to steal stuff to pawn for drinking money.

If I caught them I wouldn't need police and they could keep on hanging out at Dunkins Donut shop.

Sorry to hear. That's really terrible. I don't know what to say (and that doesn't happen a lot). :(

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
NYC and Boston, if you are in the wrong neighborhood or, sometimes, even the right neighborhood, things are like that. If there is anything visible in your car, they break in and steal it. They probably were POed that it was a damned "ping pong paddle" and had no idea what a real TT Racket is actually worth.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I guess I can say you have to be careful of stuff like that in Philly and DC as well.

I wanna say 20 years ago but this may have been more like 30 years ago: most of the cars parked on the streets of NYC by people who lived here had signs that said things like: "No Stereo in Car: Nothing Valuable in Car."

I think the reason I don't see stuff like that anymore has more to do with technology upgrades in cars and simpler sound systems. But maybe I am not looking.

One thing I do know, when you look into the car of someone from NYC who parks his car on the street regularly, there won't be anything in the car that isn't bolted down when the car is parked out in the street for more than 5 min.