in your opinion what is the best blade for chopping with long pimples?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Here is a suggestion - go to OOAK TT forum (I know you already have an account there, and you started quite a few threads) and see what people have in their signatures. Problem solved - obviously folks play with what they consider the best blade.

If you want my opinion - there is no best blade or best rubber. There are probably dozen+ defensive blades on the market you won't be able to tell apart in a blind test and differences among players are much larger than there is between JSH and VKM, to pick an example at random.

Seriously, though - stop paying too much attention to other people's OPINIONs, because, you know, everyone has one. You have a good blade already, use it - what do you care if someone thinks VKM, LQ1, or Defplay is 'better'? They are not you, you have not seen them play. Which might be a good thing since you'd be surprised how some folks can write long detailed posts about throw angles, dwell, and flex, but their rating somehow is still stuck around ~1000 USATT (and you play well above that judging by videos you posted).

Just be yourself.

To be fair, it sounded like Ridderz just wanted everyone to sound off on what their favorite rig was for chopping. Not get opinions about what he should be using (although that might be the ulterior motive here given his history).

I like the defplay, with OX DG and Omega IV Asia for modern D, P-1R and TSP Triple Spin Chop on a matsushita pro for classic D.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
I have a Defplay with PR-4 0.6mm and Vega Pro 1.8mm.
I am not a chopper but I like to chop from time to time.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Oh no. More of this. [emoji2]

Entertaining how silly the question is.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus
It is really not so silly as many defensive players are 100 the EJ than us 2x inverted players.

In general an LP sponge chopper craves an all plus or so flexo Feely wood blade slightly large like joola or Nexy oversized lissom.

Many LP players have tried 5 or 50 blades and not discovered their preferred blade.

Heck... I have had legit 2300+ level players ask me about a slow LP with Max reversal that doesn't exist...

Question is not so silly in light of this.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So... there is a wide range of suitable possible blades.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This was part of my point. There are lots of blades that are suitable and each player is different. The idea of best is a bit off. Each person will think something different.

Another part of my point was that ridderz65 is actually a pretty decent player and he has opened a lot of threads like this for different kinds of equipment.

It is different to ask people:

"Hey, all you LP players, what do you think is a good blade for chopping with LP?"

But asking what is the "BEST"? Best is subjective and each person is going to think something different is "best."

But it is good that people gave some decent answers.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I am using Defplay right now and it is lively enough on FH with Baracuda (2.0 mm).

VKM with VS>401 in 1.8 was a bit slower and I did not have enough FH oomph, at least few months ago. Perhaps VKM Offensive with different FH rubber would be a good candidate too.

I also had fun with ALL+ wooden blade (Yinhe N-10): decent LP chops on BH and plenty of power on FH (with Bluefire M2 in 2.0) - worked at my level (USATT 1750) quite nicely.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
By far my favorite blade for chopping is the Victas Koji Matsushita Offensive blade. The Joo Se Hyuk blade is too stiff and the defplay blade is cheap looking and feeling. VKM blade is a great price and the perfect blade for a modern defender. Ma Te of China one of the top 3 choppers in the world uses this blade now, as well as Yuto Murumatsu. In my opnion the only 2 serious modern defender blades are Joo Se Hyuk and VKM offensive blades. The Donic defplay senso is good for women.

This user has no status.
Yeah it's really something subjective to say what's the best because everyone's might have different selection of equipments, but for reference that's ok because we can view what people feel and think about the table tennis equipment they have used based on their experiences. I also now learn to play more modern defensive styles, though I'm still using my current blade which is an Offensive blade of what many people might say, it's a Btfy Viscaria, the only change is I use a short pip which is a 1.5 thick sponge Spectol on the backhand and inverted on forehand, and I can varies to do Chop quite well and also on more attack shots with the Sp as well. Well I would like to know from Friends here the opinion about some defensive blades you have tried such as Victas Koji Matsushita or any other brands which pro players using like Joo See Hyuk, Yuto Muramatsu, etc. What so Good about the Blades? Thanks

Last edited: