My version of Jun Mizutani serves

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Nice vid. I just started adapting and learning this serve as my main serve 2 months ago. Interestingly enough, the spin, placement and pace are quite similar for the backspin ones. We both even have the same problem, that is the bounce is still slightly too high for the backspin serve. I've been trying to fix it but still no real improvements as of yet. I think you can improve as a content provider by explaining how to perform the serve in the video. Like where to contact the ball and how. I dont need it but most people who want to learn a serve will probably come across your video by using a simple google search. You already demonstrated that you are capable of doing it, now comes the part where you teach it.

Either way, keep up the good work :)

I think if you want to get your backspin serves lower, you should contact the ball at a lower point so let the ball drop a little more

Reactions: Siva Schopenhauer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
i think you should just work on the backspin no spin variations because theyre already really good and can be really lethal
(i.e. Ma Lin serve)
but also definitely keep the long serve as well

Hey thanks for suggestion mate.Haven't worked on it yet. It would be little challenging as I have not practised serves without spin for some time and to fake it like a spin should be quite challenging. Lets see.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
I think if you want to get your backspin serves lower, you should contact the ball at a lower point so let the ball drop a little more

Yep, it seems there are several ways to doing it in terms of body position. Samsonov keeps an erect body, while ML completely constricts his spin and reaches a lower body position to contact the ball lower. I ll try to adapt to some system. i recorded some play footage and my serves are quite high. A lot to work on. Thanks fro suggestions :)