Help!!! I'm being bullied!!!

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
This thread is all about receiving serves.

1. Serve to my BH side? No problem! Come on! Do you worse.

2. Fast long serve to my FH? You feelin lucky punk? Go ahead! Make my day!

So why am I being bullied? Those punks are now targeting to my FH short ( near the net ) and a long fast no spin or slight side / back spin straight to my elbow. I hate you guys!

I am a BH dominant and most comfortable receiving serves with BH.

Please help! I am being bullied!

p/s If you are thinking about me changing to pips? Forget it as I am blissfully married to T05. Not getting any divorce anytime soon.

This user has no status.
It's all in the footwork. You need to take 3 steps to reach your short FH (right, left and right). So if you detect something amiss (ie it's gonna be long), right after 1st step of this 3 step sequence, you either step back with your left leg to cover the deep BH, or use that left step to pivot (which is a 3 step procedure too - left right left). No guessing required.

The problem comes with a lot of amateurs who try to cover short balls with 1 big ass step - when it goes long fast they are already midway in this big ass step and cannot readjust anymore.

Reactions: turbozed and S-Pin
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
It's all in the footwork. You need to take 3 steps to reach your short FH (right, left and right). So if you detect something amiss (ie it's gonna be long), right after 1st step of this 3 step sequence, you either step back with your left leg to cover the deep BH, or use that to pivot (which is a 3 step procedure too - right left right). No guessing required.

The problem comes with a lot of amateurs who try to cover short balls with 1 big ass step - when it goes long fast they are already midway in this big ass step and cannot readjust anymore.
I am a poor word person, can you show me your YT video of what you mean? Appreciate your visual lesson.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi Gozo,
For the fast long serves to your elbow or middle, you can 're set' your middle. Watch the serve for timing of impact. just before the ball is struck, move either left or right about 300mm or so. by moving to your right you will be in position to play a BH return, By moving to the left, the serve will come into your FH strike zone.
The critical part is timing your move so that its not too early, if it is early the server can adjust. if the timing is good then his serve to your elbow turns into a serve into one of your strike zones.
Make sure you are light footed, bouncing slightly not stationary when receiving serves REGARDLESS,
don't move forward too early if you expect a short serve to FH. If the server is good he will spot this and serve long into your body. Practice waiting and then moving forward.
If expecting a short serve to FH you can move side ways slightly then forward. As blahness suggested, small steps rather than 1 big step.
Track the ball flight, with sideway movement, final step is toward the ball, when you are sure it is short.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Why do I suxs again and again and again....

• So recently I have unlocked a new FEAT in the D&D: TT version.
  • I unlocked the FEAT: Epic FH loop.
  • Happily trying out this new FEAT giving my opponent spinny loop against their backspin with my FH.
  • Low level minions will just block and either the ball will kick off the table or will land high and I am ready for a smack down. So it is no problem.
  • Now I am facing Level mini-bosses and when I do the same thing, they will block back with low and fast return.
  • I try to loop again the ball will fly off far away. If one is in Brooklynn; the ball will fly all the way and land in the Gulf of Mexico.
  • If I try to smash it / flat-hit, it either will crash into the net or fly off the table and land in the Gulf of Mexico again.
  • Help! What must poor Gozo do to get the ball onto the table and get a KILL?
  • I lose a lot of points and the match in general because once I open up successfully I am unable to convert the open up with a point. Help pls....

Last edited:
Reactions: blahness and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Why do I suxs again and again and again....

• So recently I have unlocked a new FEAT in the D&D: TT version.
  • I unlocked the FEAT: Epic FH loop.
  • Happily trying out this new FEAT giving my opponent spinny loop against their backspin with my FH.
  • Low level minions will just block and either the ball will kick off the table or will land high and I am ready for a smack down. So it is no problem.
  • Now I am facing Level mini-bosses and when I do the same thing, they will block back with low and fast return.
  • I try to loop again the ball will fly off far away. If one is in Brooklynn; the ball will fly all the way and land in the Gulf of Mexico.
  • If I try to smash it / flat-hit, it either will crash into the net or fly off the table and land in the Gulf of Mexico again.
  • Help! What must poor Gozo do to get the ball onto the table and get a KILL?
  • I lose a lot of points and the match in generally because once I open up successfully,
  • I cannot convert the open up with a point. Help pls....
Table tennis is like life, there is always another boss waiting after you defeat the current one. It is like chess, you have to plan a few moves ahead, the difference being that in table tennis, you need to develop the skills to get to the next move before the next move makes sense.

You just have to practice the opening vs backspin and follow up with topspin or smash by keeping the racket high. Dropping the racket for both the opening loop and the next shot is a common mistake but easy to fix with practice. Welcome to the next level!

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Not helpful....

I'm looking for a instant fix, a cheat-code / hack so to speak.

Perhaps a new FEAT unlock, like maybe: Epic FH counter or something similar.
sorry buddy but compared with all the suggestions re footwork etc etc, "growing a pair" might be the easiest trick to do. 😂

personally I am using the old Frank Zappa trick: " I know when I am licked --- all over" .

Not helpful....

I'm looking for a instant fix, a cheat-code / hack so to speak.

Perhaps a new FEAT unlock, like maybe: Epic FH counter or something similar.
Epic FH counter? No way with Flextra. Maybe epic pain and suffering. Flextra has no spin, no power, I've warned you.:oops:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
By your description I am assuming you play Barbarian. If you Rage you gain resistance to bludgeoning damage, and of course you can pummel the ball through your opponent with additional damage.

Since you said you got a new feat, I am going to assume you have your subclass feature already, dont forget to use it. Frenzy can be a great gamechanger!

Finally, if not Barbarian, cast Animate Object on the ball to curve it in your desired direction. Hope this helps!

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Epic FH counter? No way with Flextra. Maybe epic pain and suffering. Flextra has no spin, no power, I've warned you.:oops:
My experience is different from yours. I am able to lift backspin with Flextra. I strongly suspect it is purely a skill issue and not equipment related. There! Gozo is the one of the very few to admit skill issue, a detraction from most that always blame the equipment.

My experience is different from yours. I am able to lift backspin with Flextra. I strongly suspect it is purely a skill issue and not equipment related. There! Gozo is the one of the very few to admit skill issue, a detraction from most that always blame the equipment.
IMHO the point is that you can do that stroke, but you're not dangerous to your opponent with it. My colleague played Flextra for a short time. I tried his blade and my feeling was like I play with the other side only. After a while he recognized this as well. Once he replaced Flextra by Baracuda, he became much more dangerous. You're correct, skill matters, but Flextra's limitations have much bigger impact, I'm afraid. It's just a beginner's rubber, I believe.