This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Dude, don't feel offended, but that really doesn't sound very grounded and some might say it sounds naive. Hopefully in a couple of years you'll understand what others are trying to bring across.
Tabletennis just doesn't work that way. Go to a Club, go outside. Play tabletennis and most important, play competitions, then you might get a slight idea.
Find a Coach you trust and some Training partners you like and then work!
As many others mentioned before:
There are no Shortcuts.
It's not about getting a good shot done once, you should be able to re-do it under the worst circumstances a hundred, a thousand, a zillion times. That repetition will bring security in your shots. AND NOTHING ELSE.
Then you're on the right path.
Same as I already mentioned to Kuka. Although I don't like many of his statements: sometimes even he's right.
Find a club and play one full season in a competitive league. If you win the half of the whole of your matches or more i'll really be surprised.
I don't want so sound loud mouthed, but if you do so and are successful, i'll buy you a blade plus rubbers. Let's say altogether for bout EUR 120,-. No Bulls*it. You don't have to buy me one if you don't succeed. I just want to tickle your motivation. Cause especially the first season is quite hard and not many beginning players win a lot matches... That's what makes me pretty sure I won't have to buy you that, but you can take me on my word, if you surprise me I will.
Self-confidence is one thing, overestimating oneself is something else..
I'm totally serious: if you find a club before the season starts and prove me wrong i'll be very surprised. And that's not cause I want to spoil your mood, but instead face reality.
I've seen so many beginning players that could win a game at Training but wouldn't score more than 4 points per game in competitions.
You would actually be one of the first to prove me wrong... But i really want to be proven wrong.
[Emoji2]

Good post Suga D :) I hope we can bury that issue with this :)

On a side note i got 28:6 in my first season of comeptition wich was also my first year of playing tt. Sorry i couldn't resist to brag :p But well it was the lowest league anyways.

says what [IMG]
Siva, now that you've taken your head out of your ass, you should really work on your in-out footwork against balls over the table.

I think you will find an entirely new game if you do. How you have survived up to now without such a fundamental skill is beyond me. Maybe you have amazing balance, or very long arms.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
...I've missed seeing you around lately.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Yeah buddy, i couldn't spend so much time online lately. Gotta catch up again now.
;)

Good post Suga D :) I hope we can bury that issue with this :)

On a side note i got 28:6 in my first season of comeptition wich was also my first year of playing tt. Sorry i couldn't resist to brag :p But well it was the lowest league anyways.

28:6 in the very first season is definitely a reason to brag. :)
Very well done.
You seem to be one of the few exceptions and a very good example for Siva that after all it can be done.

Since this year we have a new teammate who has returned to the game after a 16 year hiatus. He only played the 2nd half of last season and didn't lose one match.
It also was in our lowest league and he has played competitive before, so it's a little different to someone who hasn't played competitive before.

But there have been already a few experiments where total beginners tried to rise to an elite level with the help of a professional coach.
Torben Wosik made such an experiment with an adult learner. Ben Larcombe has done the same, if I remember correctly, and of course not to forget about Andy Couchman...
Even if none of them has reached their goals they wanted to reach when the experiment started, all of them show that it sure can be done.
But it mostly shows one thing:

There are no shortcuts!

[Emoji2]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Not special but yes, you could defeat an IM or Candidate Master if they had a bad day or blundered. And not many people use the word patzer - initially, I thought it was because you were German, but it's good to know the chess connection.

Cheers.

K guys, this could probably be my last post in the forum. But, just to prove the point that I didn't lie about my trials in table tennis, Today I won a chess game against one of the most celebrated Chess Candidate Masters on internet from UK, he goes by the Username Kingcrusher in Youtube. I played black against him in a bullet match and got a sweet victory.

It is easy to be always taken as a troll so here is my evidence. I would like to do the same for table tennis but the time seems short. I never put a single penny on table for any coaching to beat a Candidate Master but a lot of effort on daily basis. Staying optimistic and respecting onself always works wonders :)

So here is the link,

https://en.lichess.org/QxJylomT/black#49

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I think the pingskills video summed it up the best.

IMO if you want to practice a drop shot, you need to go to a club, have someone lob to you. Practice your smashes a few times then mix in that drop shot. I don't see how one can accurately practice this shot on their own. I think it'd be too different. IDK. maybe you can but color me skeptical.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
K guys, this could probably be my last post in the forum. But, just to prove the point that I didn't lie about my trials in table tennis, Today I won a chess game against one of the most celebrated Chess Candidate Masters on internet from UK, he goes by the Username Kingcrusher in Youtube. I played black against him in a bullet match and got a sweet victory.

It is easy to be always taken as a troll so here is my evidence. I would like to do the same for table tennis but the time seems short. I never put a single penny on table for any coaching to beat a Candidate Master but a lot of effort on daily basis. Staying optimistic and respecting onself always works wonders :)

So here is the link,

https://en.lichess.org/QxJylomT/black#49

It's probably good for your temperament to have infinite self-esteem, but let's just say that I am not that impressed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You are a 2000 level chess player. In TT Terms, we can compare what you did to taking a game off a 2400 player - it's good, but bragging about it is not what most people would do. 1 minute chess is like a gamble because people people aren't using their full chess abilities.

Now, if you can beat a 2400 player you do not know in a serious time control over 30 minutes or an hour, then we can talk. I will probably give you $100 for that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
You are a 2000 level chess player. In TT Terms, we can compare what you did to taking a game off a 2400 player - it's good, but bragging about it is not what most people would do. 1 minute chess is like a gamble because people people aren't using their full chess abilities.

Now, if you can beat a 2400 player you do not know in a serious time control over 30 minutes or an hour, then we can talk. I will probably give you $100 for that.

Lets leave the way in which I put aside, everyone has a way to write, I am pretty sure in person we won't be speaking about this at all. But, writing makes it difficult.

I completely agree that in real time control, this is not gonna happen at all. My point was just to clear the fact that once in a while with right mindset and effort this is possible. In that tournament, Kingcrusher lost only to me, so that can't be erased.

To beat a 2400 player in chess, it need a lot of study and opponent oriented preparation. So, with effort that is possible.

Reactions: NextLevel