Swapping wands

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Less different than you might think. But so many blades have different shaped heads. Like the Butterfly blades have a narrower tip, more egg shaped. The Stiga blades are more oval.

Anyway, I can't wait to try it.

Sent from Inside The Chamber of Secrets by Patronus

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thing is, the package arrived on Thursday and I did not get home and receive it till midnight. Friday is my almost day off so it is the day where I am my wife's indentured servant and as a reward for doing the laundry, cleaning the house and shopping, after I do go and teach my one Friday class, we have a family dinner where my wife and I get to have a big blowout argument and then she locks herself in the bedroom while my daughter and I watch the most politically incorrect movies and television shows available.

So, you see, there was really no time for table tennis in the midst of all that dramatic action.

But now that I've worked it so that I have been kicked out of the house for the next few days as a result of the things I let my daughter watch last night, I should be able to play all I want today and tomorrow.

And since one of my clients had a stroke last night and his wife had to cancel his session....that means less work and more play!!!!

See, I do have my priorities straight. Now where is Archosaurus in all this banter.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Blade feels good. Other people thought it was heavy. But it felt like a great weight to me. It is crisper and more direct than the V+ and its top gear is a little faster. The V+ is a lot softer and generates more spin and grabs the ball harder. But it would be an easy switch to use this. This is now my backup racket. Very nice snap. Good control.

The handle does feel hollow and the head a little heavy despite the fact that it is maybe 5.5-5.6 mm thin.

But just wait till Der_ and I do a Beast MOD to it to make the blade 120 grams instead of 100. [emoji2]

This user has no status.
Carl: I just glued the Xiom rubbers on to my backup.
WAY heavier than the Rakzas.. balance got WAY off..

1bca7d0216e8eee3fae3747fdb047364.jpg

Lighter rubbers may sort that headheavy feel..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl: I just glued the Xiom rubbers on to my backup.
WAY heavier than the Rakzas.. balance got WAY off..

1bca7d0216e8eee3fae3747fdb047364.jpg

Lighter rubbers may sort that headheavy feel..

I've got no problem with the weight. For me the weight felt very good.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So, the Banda is crisper, higher pitched, about the speed as the V+. When you add more bang to your impact the ball goes a little faster. But it gets less spin.

So the question would be, do you want similar speed with more spin and a softer feel. Or do you want more speed. My guess is that the Martin will get more spin as well. But I'm not sure.

With the Martin you can ask for 94 grams which is 4 grams more than what they say they can make the V+.

My V+ is 90+ grams, really more like 91+ but with a Martin if you got the heaviest weight, it would weigh more than the heaviest weight of the V+.

This user has no status.
Ill have a chat with Laszlo when the time comes to order. Thanks alot for the info!

Im pretty stoked and amused that these bandas play even close to the V+..

Yours was the one in best overall condition and was just over $11 on an internet auction..
Total cost of the 3 banda ive bought were under $20.. and that inkluded a stiga roller tt-table in decent condition.. now thats a hoot!

We will see if a martin is the answer.
Its spin rating is just under the V+. Speed is a few notches up.. might be the one. :)

Thanks again!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
FYI: as I see it, these Banda blades are great. From a theoretical standpoint you could keep what you are using.

But if you want the blade because you want a blade that will be similar enough with that handle you want, totally worth it.

You just need to decide if you want a little faster than the Banda with a little more spin and a deeper pitch or a little slower than the Banda with a deeper pitch and more spin.

The deeper pitch comes from the outer Limba ply being on top of another Limba ply instead of being on top of Ayous. The Ayous adds more spring. The Limba makes the blade softer and have a softer touch.

Either way, you can't go wrong. I can go back and forth from Banda to V+ without needing almost any adjustment.