Help to choose my rubber for modern defense

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Hello,
I am going to play in a victas koji Matsushita but i dont know witch rubber i should choose.

For sure i want something that is usable in forehand AND backhand ( for modern defense).

I need something that can produce good spin and a good speed to punish mistakes when i loop while having a decent control. I like grippy and sticky rubbers, like dignics 09c but dignics is way to expensive for me. Also, if possible, something quite durable (8 months-2 Trainings of 3 hours per week)

For information, i used xiom Vega pro(2.0) and Donic bluegrip s1 (2.0), that i found a bit slow.
I would say that my technic is quite good so dont worry of technic issues for the rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hello,
I am going to play in a victas koji Matsushita but i dont know witch rubber i should choose.

For sure i want something that is usable in forehand AND backhand ( for modern defense).

I need something that can produce good spin and a good speed to punish mistakes when i loop while having a decent control. I like grippy and sticky rubbers, like dignics 09c but dignics is way to expensive for me. Also, if possible, something quite durable (8 months-2 Trainings of 3 hours per week)

For information, i used xiom Vega pro(2.0) and Donic bluegrip s1 (2.0), that i found a bit slow.
I would say that my technic is quite good so dont worry of technic issues for the rubber.
The blade is quite slow, sticky rubbers will be too slow in attack, with fast tensor rubbers you can lose control. Take Tenergy 05 Hard. It is controllable in defense and powerful in attack.
I know a defender who successfully plays with this set. I also tried it and liked it, despite the fact that I like stiffer blades with sticky rubbers on the forehand.

Reactions: Adri
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
The backhand is easy, tsp p1r, now called victas p1v.

For the forehand you may like anything from hurricane 3 to tenergy 05. I've seen many use hurricane 3 neo for defence, and tenergy 64 is also decently common. If you want something lighter there's the 64fx. Also the bluefire m2 and omega v if you wanna stick to xiom.

Reactions: Adri