Weikert agenda for re-election. What do you guys think?

This user has no status.
Just wanted to hear others thoughts.

Mr WEIKERT announced in Saarbrucken, Germany five key central themes as the focal points of his campaign:

1) TTX: The new version of table tennis, 'Anytime, Anywhere, Anyhow' shall be developed and promoted globally. The aim is to gain new fans and active participants for table tennis.

2) Table Tennis Marketing: The ITTF will make a greater effort to market table tennis in the future through working with existing partners and finding new ones.

3) One World - One Game - One Level: Further implementation and development of existing ITTF development programmes. Both establishing and further developing table tennis in 'small' nations with the help of the federation's development programs, and pushing high performance across the world. The joint project between China and the ITTF, 'Made by China', has already been initiated, to help develop more international stars across the globe to compete with China.

4) Table Tennis Digital: Using new digital platforms to achieve an even stronger connection between fans and the sport, and tap into additional markets and the younger generation.

5) Table Tennis Future: The ITTF is firmly committed to keeping table tennis attractive for players, spectators and the media to further improve its appeal through a variety of methods.
The 54-year-old concluded: "We need to take some important and necessary decisions in our sport in the next four years. My goal is not only to secure an excellent position for table tennis within Olympic sports, but also further develop it."

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
One World One Game is his official corruption strategy to ensure re-election and TTX is really not something to waste money on. At best a slight improvement over Sharara which is very faint praise. He was long-time ITTF insider so it's not surprising. Expect more stupid rule changes.

This user has no status.
1) TTX: The new version of table tennis, 'Anytime, Anywhere, Anyhow' shall be developed and promoted globally. The aim is to gain new fans and active participants for table tennis.
TTX - nonsense and waste of money.

2) Table Tennis Marketing: The ITTF will make a greater effort to market table tennis in the future through working with existing partners and finding new ones.
Bla bla bla whatever this means. Probably nothing.

3) One World - One Game - One Level: Further implementation and development of existing ITTF development programmes. Both establishing and further developing table tennis in 'small' nations with the help of the federation's development programs, and pushing high performance across the world. The joint project between China and the ITTF, 'Made by China', has already been initiated, to help develop more international stars across the globe to compete with China.
Bla bla bla. Whatever.

4) Table Tennis Digital: Using new digital platforms to achieve an even stronger connection between fans and the sport, and tap into additional markets and the younger generation.
Just have a look at the recently added videos of the World Cup at IITF's Youtube channel. The videos I take with my smartphone at our clubs' matches are of a better quality. This also refers to number 2: marketing.

5) Table Tennis Future: The ITTF is firmly committed to keeping table tennis attractive for players, spectators and the media to further improve its appeal through a variety of methods.
The 54-year-old concluded: "We need to take some important and necessary decisions in our sport in the next four years. My goal is not only to secure an excellent position for table tennis within Olympic sports, but also further develop it."
This can only mean more nonsense changes are coming.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Just wanted to hear others thoughts.

Bla bla bla whatever this means. Probably nothing.

I don´t know, why you guys love being so negative and painting everything black. Or do you just enjoy being miserable?
Well, maybe you just don´t (like to) see it, but aren´t there quite a few good players and coaches and former CNT or CTTSL players throughout the WHOLE WIDE WORLD?
Also people like Han Ying, Shan Xiaona, Chen Weixing, and so many more that are actually uplifting the local tabletennis levels?
Oh right, how could i forget, these people take away the spots of europeans, qatarians, singapurians, japanese (Tomokazu Harimoto is chinese descendant too)... *smh*
Maybe you grouchy naggers should start thinking a bit more out of the box and look beyond borders to sharpen your sight again to be able to see the possibilities behind this.

i think i should NOW open my umbrella and get prepared for an upcoming sh*tstorm...
[Emoji12]

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
i don't like the guy. i hate the whole TTX idea and the change to the 40+ ball has been (and still is) a disaster.

the ITTF are playing around with the rules of the game too much and at the same time they are failing to make the simplest steps. for example: why don't they fix the video shooting angle of pro matches? i recently watched the 2003 wc final between schlager and joo again and sometimes the video would switch to a great corner angle that lets you appreciate both speed and placement, why don't we see more of this?

Reactions: Baal
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I don´t know, why you guys love being so negative and painting everything black. Or do you just enjoy being miserable?
Well, maybe you just don´t (like to) see it, but aren´t there quite a few good players and coaches and former CNT or CTTSL players throughout the WHOLE WIDE WORLD?
Also people like Han Ying, Shan Xiaona, Chen Weixing, and so many more that are actually uplifting the local tabletennis levels?
Oh right, how could i forget, these people take away the spots of europeans, qatarians, singapurians, japanese (Tomokazu Harimoto is chinese descendant too)... *smh*
Maybe you grouchy naggers should start thinking a bit more out of the box and look beyond borders to sharpen your sight again to be able to see the possibilities behind this.

i think i should NOW open my umbrella and get prepared for an upcoming sh*tstorm...
[Emoji12]

Nothing at all wrong about what you said. My city is greatly benefited by Chinese coaches.

What you said is true.

However the fact that millions of Chinese emmigrate, and some are more or less coincidentally great players and coaches also has little or nothing to do with Sharara/Weickert and their stupid schemes and inability to get even obvious little things right. Its hard to take him seriously. We need new blood badly.

Seriously, when they claim ball changes are needed for spectators and TV, and you see the embarrassing quality of their video channel you realize they are utterly full of crap and only interested in their personal perks.

And TTX????? ????????????????????????

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D