2024 SURVEY: What rubbers do you currently play with?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Hi TableTennisDaily Forum members

Tom Lodziak here. I’m doing some research into which rubbers are most popular amongst the amateur table tennis community.

I’ve created a very short survey, which will take less that two minutes to complete. In the survey I ask which rubber you currently use on your forehand and backhand, and what you like about these rubbers. I did a similar survey a couple of years ago, but I want to repeat to see what has changed.

I will publish the findings on both my website and my new Table Tennis Equipment Reviews Youtube channel.

If you have a spare moment, please complete my survey here: https://www.tabletenniscoach.me.uk/table-tennis-rubber-survey-2024/

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023

Tom Lodziak here. I’m doing some research into which rubbers are most popular amongst the amateur table tennis community.

I’ve created a very short survey, which will take less that two minutes to complete. In the survey I ask which rubber you currently use on your forehand and backhand, and what you like about these rubbers. I did a similar survey a couple of years ago, but I want to repeat to see what has changed.

I will publish the findings on both my website and my new Table Tennis Equipment Reviews Youtube channel.

If you have a spare moment, please complete my survey here: https://www.tabletenniscoach.me.uk/table-tennis-rubber-survey-2024/
now you've asked this forum to participate, then you're obliged to publish the results here too, or at least announce it in a new topic ;-)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
now you've asked this forum to participate, then you're obliged to publish the results here too, or at least announce it in a new topic ;-)
I think this is so important and only a basic etiquette (and easy to achieve)
Tom at least is a long timer on TTD, unlike that other time waster (new account), didn't even publish the results of who won the prize, or even the easy question of how many got "full marks".
for all I know, it was a scam to collect email addresses during his/her short stay on TTD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
I will definitely give an update. Depending on how many responses I can get, I can give detail about most popular brand, most popular rubber for FH, most popular for BH. When I ran the survey two years ago, Butterfly Tenergy 05 was still the most popular rubber. I am intrigued to see if that is still the case.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
1706030697138.png

Reactions: jbvttcc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
The results are in! Overall I had 594 responses, from players from 70 different countries. Incredibly, players who responded to the survey are using 291 different rubbers. So, on to the results. What are the most popular rubbers? Here’s a video where I reveal the findings of my survey and test out playing with the number 1 rubber…

And I have also written up the results on my website: https://www.tabletenniscoach.me.uk/top-20-most-popular-table-tennis-rubbers-in-2024/

This user has no status.

I filled it out, ithink donic, joola so on the smaller brands, these rubbers are best for beginners also the blades are good and not to expensive.

• Haha
Reactions: Crillo