Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
The composite weave definitely has carbon in combination with either arylate (Vectran) or some other aramide fiber like kevlar. The resulting composite plays pretty much identically to Btfly ALC, even if it is not an absolutely identical material (it might be, I am not sure, one would need to take the blade apart to know for sure and i don't want to do that). Kevlar and vectran are not exactly the same thing but they have very similar properties in blades, indeed the weave density and the weave pattern probably would matter more than whether it is kevlar or vectran with the carbon.
Thanks for the explanation

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
One last thing, one of the main things arylate or kevlar do in blades is absorb high frequency vibration. The carbon part tends to make blades stiffer (reducing some of the low frequency vibration) and increasing the size of the "sweet spot". Early composite blades in which there was only carbon sometimes felt like you were playing with a piece of glass.

Zylon is a costlier way to get the same effect as arylate but it does feel a little different. A bit faster and crisper usually. I prefer ALC.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl