Inner Carbon blade as an "upgrade"?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Hey everyone, im currently using a Clipper and i feel like im ready to step up to a composite blade, to be more specific, an inner carbon as ive read its not as fast as an outer ALC, but it still has some gears above allwood.
My current watchlist has:
-DHS Fang Bo Carbon/ B2X
-DHS Hurricane 301
-Donic Original True carbon INNER
Any suggestions on any other blades under $80 that are inner alc?
Pairing it with DNA PRO M on the FH and Tenergy 05 on the BH if that helps at all

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
I wouldve said Innerforce layer Alc, but i have Sword Furinkazan Fire. It has the same feeling, only the handle is bigger. I think you have some really nice options. I also have Fang bo b2x. That has a lot of gears and speed, while maintaining control. It is very headheavy, used with h3n both sides. H301 is solid, especially for active blocking and driving.

Reactions: TT Lover
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I wouldve said Innerforce layer Alc, but i have Sword Furinkazan Fire. It has the same feeling, only the handle is bigger. I think you have some really nice options. I also have Fang bo b2x. That has a lot of gears and speed, while maintaining control. It is very headheavy, used with h3n both sides. H301 is solid, especially for active blocking and driving.
Between the B2X and the H301, which would you say is better for passive blocking? like moving around the opponent or blocking and waiting for the chance to counterattack

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
is the F3 pro faster than the fang bo? just wondering cuz im readin its a "cheaper timo boll ALC" so that means its outer alc right?
no no, I don't know why somebody wrote that it's cheaper timo boll alc. It's nothing like timo boll alc at all. It's definitely inner alc. It uses softer wood than Fang Bo, so that's why it has a flexier and softer feeling, more like wood. The speed is similar to fang bo, but since its softer wood, by definition it must be slightly slower. But you hardly notice the speed difference.

The biggest difference is the feeling and the flex.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
haha yeah, sorry read that on megaspin(dont know if its reliable for info but thats where i buy most of my stuff).
So hypothetically, if you could put a rating out of 10, and say clipper is a 5/10, where would the F3 and Fang bo land? a 7/10 maybe?
Maybe fang bo is 8, and F3 is 7.5 for speed.

But clipper itself is already a fairly fast blade, for most shots there wont be a big difference in speed. Its just on strong loops you may notice a little extra kick from the carbon doing some work for you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Between the B2X and the H301, which would you say is better for passive blocking? like moving around the opponent or blocking and waiting for the chance to counterattack
Gotta give passive blocking to H301. Slightly less speed and better balance. B2x shines at counter attacking tho, so much power. But for block into counter H301

says [IMG]
Hey everyone, im currently using a Clipper and i feel like im ready to step up to a composite blade, to be more specific, an inner carbon as ive read its not as fast as an outer ALC, but it still has some gears above allwood.
-DHS Fang Bo Carbon/ B2X
-DHS Hurricane 301
Pairing it with DNA PRO M on the FH and Tenergy 05 on the BH if that helps at all
Clipper with those rubbers is not a slow setup and I wonder what you are currently missing, wanting you to switch to composite blade. Not sure what type of Clipper you have, but Clipper Wood blades are easily >90 gr. In combination with DNA Pro M and T05, I definitely would not consider this a slow or tamed setup.

If this is your playing style, I don't think switching to a composite blade would bring you much added value. In general, a composite blade will be lighter and thinner compared to your Clipper. As mentioned by @TensorBackhand , most likely it won't add (much) speed to your game, but you will be adding more flex. This is great if you play topspin most of the time. But for blocking and counter attack, your Clipper would do just fine.
Clipper is a 7-ply blade and can be considered as a stiff blade, but with Limba as outer ply, the feeling is rather soft. For example, the Hurricane 301 has Koto as outer ply, which is a harder type of wood. Feeling is much different.

If you are looking to improve your setup more suited for passive blocking, you might want to reconsider the Tenergy 05 on your BH. T05 is a rather spin sensitive rubber with a decent amount of catapult and not the typical blocking rubber.

Having said that, if you are just looking to take your first steps to embark on your EJ journey, simply ignore all the above and I would say: pick a blade, go for it & welcome to the club! :) ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
-DHS Fang Bo Carbon/ B2X
-DHS Hurricane 301
I would recommend a yinhe or samwei blade, maybe the yinhe-01??? Fang bo carbon is just too head heavy, makes the backhand hard to play. I would reccomend harimoto innerforce alc, but it is above your budget. So maybe hurricane 301?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020

Good day to you sir,

Does DHS H301 also very headheavy same to Fang Bo B2X.

Thank you in advance for your kindness reply.

Best regards,

This user has no status.
Blocking and flicking is better with 301 thanks to the Koto outer plies and it’s not head heavy though I’ve only used the 301Z. Fang Bo carbon is head heavy and is better for looping.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Good day to you sir,

Does DHS H301 also very headheavy same to Fang Bo B2X.

Thank you in advance for your kindness reply.

Best regards,
No, H301 is more central of the blade. Also a bit headheavy but not much. While b2x is headheavy, Which i like aswel because attacking shots feel stronger.

Reactions: Robin0910
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Clipper with those rubbers is not a slow setup and I wonder what you are currently missing, wanting you to switch to composite blade. Not sure what type of Clipper you have, but Clipper Wood blades are easily >90 gr. In combination with DNA Pro M and T05, I definitely would not consider this a slow or tamed setup.

If this is your playing style, I don't think switching to a composite blade would bring you much added value. In general, a composite blade will be lighter and thinner compared to your Clipper. As mentioned by @TensorBackhand , most likely it won't add (much) speed to your game, but you will be adding more flex. This is great if you play topspin most of the time. But for blocking and counter attack, your Clipper would do just fine.
Clipper is a 7-ply blade and can be considered as a stiff blade, but with Limba as outer ply, the feeling is rather soft. For example, the Hurricane 301 has Koto as outer ply, which is a harder type of wood. Feeling is much different.

If you are looking to improve your setup more suited for passive blocking, you might want to reconsider the Tenergy 05 on your BH. T05 is a rather spin sensitive rubber with a decent amount of catapult and not the typical blocking rubber.

Having said that, if you are just looking to take your first steps to embark on your EJ journey, simply ignore all the above and I would say: pick a blade, go for it & welcome to the club! :)
Im not a 100% blocker, i just like to block, but my main playing style is a 2 winged attacker.
Thought itd be a good idea to switch to a composite blade as the last couple of tourneys ive played ive been told my topspins are "manageable" by opponents, and when i look back at videos i can clearly see the difference in speed of theirs and my topspins.
Or who knows.... maybe i am falling down the EJ hole ;)

This user has no status.
Im not a 100% blocker, i just like to block, but my main playing style is a 2 winged attacker.
Thought itd be a good idea to switch to a composite blade as the last couple of tourneys ive played ive been told my topspins are "manageable" by opponents, and when i look back at videos i can clearly see the difference in speed of theirs and my topspins.
Or who knows.... maybe i am falling down the EJ hole ;)
My playing style is similar to yours and I use DHS 301Z and I love it. You should try it