Equipment TTD chat

This user has no status.
Stiga used to have two straight handles named after two Swedish table tennis players. Stellan Bengtsson(slightly larger girth ;)) and Peter Karlsson.

Stellan won the singles world championships in 1971.
Peter won the world championships in doubles in 1991 and also won the european championships in singles in 2000.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Stiga used to have two straight handles named after two Swedish table tennis players. Stellan Bengtsson(slightly larger girth ;)) and Peter Karlsson.

Stellan won the singles world championships in 1971.
Peter won the world championships in doubles in 1991 and also won the european championships in singles in 2000.

American slang for 'peter' made me chuckle for the straight handle name. ah cool, thank you for the info.

This user has no status.
And the thing about Stiga is, i have their Carbonado 190, but it is damaged exactly in their new carbon layer, it is like opened both sides and still connected on the center of the blade, so it is dead on the edges of the blade, not sure if i can fix it or not, i showed it to 2 coaches and they almost thinking it is dead and should be replaced, or i just take the chance and glue it with i don't know which glue and see if this will fix it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think I missed it. :)

enlightenment please?

Shuki, you didn't miss it. I listed the names of Stiga's handles and one them is called "Peter" and he is saying you missed it. But my post was after yours. So I doubt you missed anything and OldSchool was just having some fun without regard to chronology of posts.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And i still don't know what is the different between "FL" and "Wide FL".

The difference between the Master flare (smaller) and the Legend flare (bigger) is about 2mm in width. Barely noticeable.

If you looked at them from 1 meter away, you probably would not see the difference.

This user has no status.
The difference between the Master flare (smaller) and the Legend flare (bigger) is about 2mm in width. Barely noticeable.

If you looked at them from 1 meter away, you probably would not see the difference.

Thanks!

Indeed, looking at them on sites pic wouldn't tell, and as you said from a distance, so the only way i can see the difference is to buy one and compare, i already have few FL blades and one ST and one ANA, so only Wide FL is missing.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews

But you would most certainly feel it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Shuki, you didn't miss it. I listed the names of Stiga's handles and one them is called "Peter" and he is saying you missed it. But my post was after yours. So I doubt you missed anything and OldSchool was just having some fun without regard to chronology of posts.

Ahh thanks, I was searching through quite a few other threads looking for his posts, trying to find where something written about table thickness for me to learn about. I was ready to be eating my words.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
Whats up guys?,i've been checking on some shoes (TT shoes) and went to the butterfly site but most of the foot wear is discontinued ,im guessing to make space for the new models ,but it doesn't say when they will be arriving ,do you guys have any info on this?is Mizuno or butterfly coming up with new models ?

This user has no status.
Whats up guys?,i've been checking on some shoes (TT shoes) and went to the butterfly site but most of the foot wear is discontinued ,im guessing to make space for the new models ,but it doesn't say when they will be arriving ,do you guys have any info on this?is Mizuno or butterfly coming up with new models ?

Are you looking for a specific model or just waiting anything coming new?

I already have 2 Butterfly shoes, both are great but one is used mostly, but i feel it is wearing out noticeably so i don't want to suddenly lose it when i need it, so i will think about Mizuno this time and keep other butterfly for backup.

Butterfly became like some films manufacturers, they discontinued a lot of films and slowly getting out of the market, hope Butterfly isn't doing that kind of policy where we have very difficult tough time to find their products here or there, i got a lot of BTY items when that Estonian site used to send them, but not anymore and i am trying to go with other brands over BTY.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I believe most Butterfly shoes are actually made by Aesics. If you look for Aesics TT shoes are really good.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sunward/item/assh-0008/

Compare the sole of that Aesics shoe to this Butterfly shoe:

ebdc4f6509117286e494b08cdb46fb44.jpg

3fda6915d9c0ef087008f25f2c1e745c.jpg

This user has no status.
I believe most Butterfly shoes are actually made by Aesics. If you look for Aesics TT shoes are really good.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sunward/item/assh-0008/

Compare the sole of that Aesics shoe to this Butterfly shoe:

cache.php

cache.php

The Shoe's soles are quietly similar, i swear that even Mizuno and Tibhar soles are identical to BTY so then to Aesics.

I don't think i can buy Aesics from that site, i have few sites to buy from and didn't find Aesics within, and i am very strange guy because i do care about the design and the color of the shoe, so i may find one Aesics from the site i used to order from only one model and one color not what i like, but still didn't find anything anyway, if you have more links to buy Aesics from it will be a big help here and we appreciate it.

This user has no status.
His Clipper wood and mine are the same weight , same handle . I think most of pro players know how to choose a good quality of wood but average players don't know it.

Then simply ask pros to pick up/choose for you, this way you don't worry if your choice wasn't wrong.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The Shoe's soles are quietly similar, i swear that even Mizuno and Tibhar soles are identical to BTY so then to Aesics.

See, Tareq, I am not guessing. Aesics is the outsource company that makes Butterfly shoes. If you look closely at the sole of many Butterfly shoes, it will say Aesics in a groove in the sole. Neither company is hiding that Aesics is the outsource company.

I am not sure which brands, but I do think Mizuno makes shoes for at least one TT brand.

I actually like just using indoor soccer (football) shoes. Badminton shoes are perfect for TT also.