Freitas ALC vs Hurricane Long 5

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 2 reviews
The composition of Hurricane Long 5 is using - Limba, Ayous, Carbon, Ayous, Carbon, Ayous, Limba

The composition of the Freitas ALC is using - Limba, Carbon, Limba, Ayous, Limba, Carbon, Limba

I have only tried Hurricane Long 5, I would say its a harder blade in comparison to the Freitas. I haven't tried the Freitas ALC, anyone able to compare to it?

This user has no status.
I tried the Freitas ALC.

It's similar to the Timo Boll ALC, but the Limba layer gives more soft feeling.
So it's fast, quite stiff and reactive, really few vibrations (almost dead) but has decent control and more wood feeling. It's really nice, fantastic for skilled offensive players who like variation in their games and need more control.

I never tried the HL 5, but the big difference seems to be the carbon layer placement (more inside).

This user has no status.
I'm wondering what the differences are between these two blades regarding construction and how they play. Has anyone played with both and what do you think the main differences are?

Hello James,

At the moment I have been using Marcos Freitas ALC for a week, and two of my friends are using Hurricane Long V. So I have trieds some shots and play using Hurricane Long V (But with different Rubbers)

I might not be able to give a very detailed feedbacks but I ll try to give my personal opinions..

Marcos Freitas ALC >< Ma Long Hurricane V
Weight about 87 gr (mine) >< Weight About 100 gr (2 of my friend's)
Felt soft and light (Tenergy Rubbers) >< felt very stiff and head heavy (maybe because my friends using H3 Nationals that puts more weights)
More feedbacks, vibration and feel >< felt less vibration
Control and Enough Speed >< it has more speed, less control

In my opinion, if you have very good footwork and attacks almost all ball, MLHV will be a good choice.. If you play all- around, loops , control Freitas will be a good choice..

Have a try first if you want to be sure.. because equipment in Table Tennis is quite personal thing, one may favor a blade or rubber than others :)

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl