Equipment:
      Blade Andro fibercomp 2
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution ELP
      Backhand Rubber Hellfire Spezial

Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 596 Times in 413 Posts

Ranking issue

Hey guys there is a new ranking for June. Ma Long is no 2 now and that is great. But I have a question about Boll and Dima. Joe is it possible that dima surpassed timo after may where he was not active and timo earned 1350 points in China open?

2. Top | #2
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: Europe

Equipment:
      Blade Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rising Dragon
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 184 Times in 120 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Sali View Post
      Hey guys there is a new ranking for June. Ma Long is no 2 now and that is great. But I have a question about Boll and Dima. Joe is it possible that dima surpassed timo after may where he was not active and timo earned 1350 points in China open?
      It's similar to ATP/WTP when sometime you can rise just by sitting home because of 52-week sliding window where your competitors got some good results last year, were unable to defend this year and so they lost points in the result. But detailed analysis would be needed for each player to understand where (= what events with that validity and in what part of the year) their "core points" sit. And because ITTF is running it by computer I don't recommend to spend your time to recompute it manually, just trust them

If you want to dispute the ranking system itself then it's different topic and there are several threads with recommendations for improvements on this forum...