Nittaku Fastarc G1 vs. Butterfly Tenergy 19

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hi together,

i am currently playing the Nittaku Fastarc G1 on my FH and like to know if anybody of you has tested or played both of these rubbers?
How can these two rubbers be compared to each other.

Especially the following points are interesting for me:
- Base speed, which one is slower?
- Catapult effect. Which one has less of it?
- opening topspin on underspin, which one is easier (has higher / lower / shorter / longer curve)
- spin sensitivity
- blocking characteristics, active or passively played. which one behaves easier?

- Open play situations (topspin/drives/smashes) after the first topspin a block. Which one is easier to handle, has more dwell and touch?

All in all I like the G1 on my FH, because its fairly linear and behaves as you expect while playing.
Sometimes I have problems to control the rubber in match situations when the first topspin is blocked by the opponent. The balls tend to go a bit too long or are too dynamic for my taste, although I know that this is a technical issue.

So i am very happy to hear your thoughts on that. (y)

Reactions: doppelganger_LT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hi together,

i am currently playing the Nittaku Fastarc G1 on my FH and like to know if anybody of you has tested or played both of these rubbers?
How can these two rubbers be compared to each other.

Especially the following points are interesting for me:
- Base speed, which one is slower?
- Catapult effect. Which one has less of it?
- opening topspin on underspin, which one is easier (has higher / lower / shorter / longer curve)
- spin sensitivity
- blocking characteristics, active or passively played. which one behaves easier?

- Open play situations (topspin/drives/smashes) after the first topspin a block. Which one is easier to handle, has more dwell and touch?

All in all I like the G1 on my FH, because its fairly linear and behaves as you expect while playing.
Sometimes I have problems to control the rubber in match situations when the first topspin is blocked by the opponent. The balls tend to go a bit too long or are too dynamic for my taste, although I know that this is a technical issue.

So i am very happy to hear your thoughts on that. (y)
Hey! Ive been using T05 and T19 on my viscaria for 5 months now(4 days a week, 2hrs per session).
and have tried G1 on a friends blade, but a much older viscaria which is around 90 gms as opposed to my blade which is just 84 gm so do keep that in mind.

As for T19, it really is easy to use if you've used g1 before.You really feel the ball sink into the sponge before launching out, whereas the g1 feels a bit firm. Base speed is nearly identical, however in terms of spin generation, open ups and flicks, T19 is a level above.Its easier to play aggressively, block and open up even when you aren't standing perfectly for the ball.As for the flight curve I still feel they are almost identical, T05 has a noticeably higher arc than either. I do feel T19 is more responsive to incoming spin but blocks heavy hits really well, just my observation.Serving is really good and pushes are easier to direct but can overshoot if youre too aggressive, G1 is a bit easier in the short game.

As for G1, the top end power is slightly higher, but I personally wasn't a big fan simply because I was used to T05 and its unique feel. G1 feels slower(in comparison to T19) during pushes over the table which some people may like.Personally I feel the base speed is comparable to G1 and top end spin of T19 is higher, however G1 has a bit more power.G1 is suitable for FH and BH in my opinion whereas 19 feels more like rubber meant for BH strokes.
It lands further away from the table but that isnt an issue during BH open ups n flicks.
I hope what ive said helps you out!

Attachments

• T19.jpeg
    T19.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 148
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I've used both quite a lot and, IMO, G1 is an excellent FH rubber and T19 is an excellent BH rubber.
G1 has a higher arc and, IMO, offers slightly more spin and power at the very top end. (But that may just be because of the way I contact the ball; others may find differently.)
T19 has a flatter arc, and is easier to generate spin with given the body mechanics of a BH shot.
Both are very easy to control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hey @Ash0210
thanks a lot for your detailed feedback and comparison of these rubbers.
that really helps a lot to get a better idea of the differences of these rubbers.

are there any other people here who have tried both, G1 and T19?
which one of them do you like more, and why?
Except my training partner and my coach no ones really used g1 in my club. Most players here use and swear by T05 MXP and R47, the standard stuff. @Manto76 has summed it up perfectly, except i do feel i generate more spin with T19 as compared to G1.Could be feeling with the T19 with makes me think so. My coach feels T19 is a convenient rubber for most intermediates and even advanced players looking for something easy to control and with great spin.Choosing between G1 or T19 at the end of the day is really a matter of personal preference, i had the oppurtunity to test G1 and felt it was good. You cant go wrong with either. I still prefer 19 on the BH, G1 for FH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Thanks a lot to both of you.
I often read that T19 is well suited for backhand but sadly my backhand technique and quality is limited so that I am not able to handle the speed of a rubber like T19 or even G1.

Regarding the qualities on the FH side which one would you prefer in terms of:

- control over the table (short short game, pushes, returning services)
- first opening topspin on backspin (placement and spin more important than speed)
- stability an linearity in the follow up game (top spins and smashes to blocks from opponent). I don’t like rubbers that behave very nonlinear, meaning an explosion when playing the harder topspin’s or smashes.

Thanks a lot to you!

Reactions: Ash0210
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

- first opening topspin on backspin (placement and spin more important than speed)
- stability an linearity in the follow up game (top spins and smashes to blocks from opponent). I don’t like rubbers that behave very nonlinear, meaning an explosion when playing the harder topspin’s or smashes.

Honestly, I couldn't really say which is better than the other in terms of each playing characteristic you've mentioned. They are equally good at all those things, they just feel different. G1 is a bit firmer and gives a higher arc, T19 feels a bit softer and produces a slightly flatter arc.

For your consideration:

Stiga DNA Pro M is a superb BH rubber. It feels quite similar to T19 (i.e. soft, supple topsheet, very linear, easy to generate spin) but plays at, IMO, about 85-90% of the performance of T19. In other words, it feels very similar on ball contact, but will only reach, say 90% of the spin and speed performance of T19. On the other hand, it's 10% easier to control than T19.

Of course those numbers are 'meaningless' made up numbers, but I trust you get the point I'm trying to make.

Reactions: ben1229 and Ash0210
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Thanks a lot to both of you.
I often read that T19 is well suited for backhand but sadly my backhand technique and quality is limited so that I am not able to handle the speed of a rubber like T19 or even G1.

Thanks a lot to you!
For the FH, Fastarc G1. As much as i love T19, i still feel G1 offers more for forehand play.Dont get me wrong, any decent player can use T19 very well on FH as well, i just feel the arc is a bit too flat for fh topspins, holds for too long/feels to soft when hitting hard and explosiveness at the top end is lesser compared to G1.I'll answer your question point wise for an FH perspective.
Over the table,G1 is a touch easier for all the strokes, though not by a huge margin.T19 holds more but releases a bit faster than one might think. Counter-spins are fantastic with both.
For the first opening topspin, T19 has tremendous spin, G1 just marginally less, however T19 has a lower arc and sends the ball much further away from the table, hence in my experience its easier to open up with spin with T19 and less physical effort, but i can almost smash an underspin ball and have more aggressive open ups away from the table with G1 or T05 due to their higher arcs, which i like more as you can almost end the point if your opponent pushes the ball with weak underspin.
They are both very linear rubbers, excellent in topsins and the blocking department, full scores to them both.However for FH, i give the edge to G1, T19 is too flat for my FH style to load the ball with heavy spin or play with powerful shots consistently.G1 is easier to just power through every ball without worrying if it will go in or out.
If you're considering any butterfly rubber similar to T19, ive tried dignics 80 as well. It was quite similar to 19 in my opinion but significantly faster despite haver a very similar arc, and a bit more kick and spin(as well as the price lol).
If you've used G1 on your FH successfully i think you should stick with that, T19 isn't as deadly as G1 for fh when playing with max speed and spin.
Both fantastic rubbers and very durable, i practice 3-4 days a week(2-3hrs max) and devote 1-2 days to matches, and my rubbers perform very well upto 10 months and then i push them for 12-18 months before they become as smooth as a baby's bottom, still having good speed though.
However my friends been using his G1 for two years and is still happy with it, despite having a minor crack or two near the edges of the rubber.
Hope this helps you out!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences, this really helped a lot.

Can anyone compare the G1 to the Rozena? I would also be interested how they compare to each other in those characteristics.

Thanks a lot
I played G-1 for four years on my wood blade. Since I changed to carbon blade, I have switched to softer rubber with some catapult effects. For me G-1 and Rozena are very different rubbers. G-1 is harder and linear. Rozena is softer and somewhat catapulty (but not as catapulty as Tenergy).

I find Rozena to be easy to use. Not that spin insensitive. Very good rubber to learn how to loop backhand. But if you loop well, it is still hard to get a lot of spin with Rozena. I think Rozena is an above average rubber. I plan to get better with backhand attacks with Rozena before upgrading to harder rubber such as Xiom Vega Pro or G-1 later.

Reactions: yoass