Who do you think will win the Korea Open 2018?

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lee Sangsu

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Koki Niwa

• Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Hugo Calderano

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Simon Gauzy

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Chinese young , new players are not good enough, this is the first time no male player can pass qualify round and preliminary round. Only those seeded players stay at the tournament. China table tennis is in trouble , on the other hand, Japanese and Korea has some good new young players.

I think that you forgot about Liang Jingkun, right? :confused:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Predictions for the lower half of the men's singles round of 32:

Wong Chun Ting vs An Ji Song 4:1

Sathiyan vs Lim Jonghoon 2:4

Aruna vs LJK 0:4

Harimoto vs Youngsik 4:2

Calderano vs Chen Chien An 4:1

Gauzy vs Cho Seung Min 4:0

Chuang vs Can Akkuzu 4:2

Lin Gaoyuan vs Kim Minhyeok 4:0

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Ok i am a bit behind here. Can someone explain to me, are players meant to be randomized after the knockout stage across all international competition?

Sounds like Korean TTA decided they want to randomize the winners of the knockout stage whereas ITTF rule says otherwise.

That's how I understand. Please shine some light on this.

Passionate about TT
A video is better than a thousand pictures

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Chinese young , new players are not good enough, this is the first time no male player can pass qualify round and preliminary round. Only those seeded players stay at the tournament. China table tennis is in trouble , on the other hand, Japanese and Korea has some good new young players.

Too sad there are no promising young stars in the horizon for CNT, other than fzd. Complacency starts to rear its ugly head, it seems.

I wouldn't be too worried. Not too long ago LGL was complaining in an interview the lack of serious challenging competition, which is neither good for China nor for Tabletennis in general.
So now finally there seem to appear some challenging serious contenders and people are speaking of China in trouble and are getting worried already?
C'mon, guys... or does someone seriously think China will all of a sudden lose its interest in TT and hence will stop developing strong tabletennis players with all that long developed infrastructure in their back???

Well, I don't think so! Just doesn't sound realistic to me!

Reactions: Ioiettino
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Liang Jingkun, Lin Gaoyuan and Fan Zhendong are the young stars. FZD is the most consistent with a tough mentality.

Liang uses majority of BH during a game. Not a lot of variety.

Lin plays more various shots. But we know he needs to toughen up his mentality. Hopefully this will improve when he's a bit older.

But when these three stars turn 30, Harimoto will be early 20s. Hari can easily get two Olympic Gold consecutively if China doesn't produce any competitor. So far I can't see any hope apart from Wang Chuqin. But will see.

Passionate about TT

Jan 2018
Keeping Harimoto pinned down to his short FH works extremely well for JYS.

The 2nd game appeared to be a lost cause until 9:5 when Harimoto figured out something. Can't exactly point out what it is, but Harimoto held on.

Ok, Harimoto has adapted to JYS's game plan in the 3rd game by slowing down just a bit. JYS better have a plan B.

Harimoto regressed yet again. Tons of misses from forcing shots after shots.

The one facing the camera always loses. The pattern of game 5 follows that to a T. Harimoto off to a start but it got draggy afterwards. Kirishima called TO at 7:4. Good call there. Very crucial game.

Harimoto's FH slap at 5:4 was the last straw. That's really deflating. Can he break the spell? 10:8, 10:9...Yes, he can. Harimoto the Spell Breaker advances to the next round.

Last edited:

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
First time he won against Youngsik. Now faces Lingkun who seems in good shape this tournament. I expect a win for Lingkun because he won't make so many unforced errors.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
So there's a new Queen in the house, Chen Meng it's getting faster and stronger I'm amazed, maybe only ZY can beat her in power I don't know... poor my Ding Ning

Enviado de meu SM-J500M usando o Tapatalk

Jan 2018
It can't be helped. DN didn't sound that confident about the next match against CM in the interview yesterday.

Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro