Best exercises for Amicus Pro robot?

I am currently a member of a private pool (billiards) club. They also have a table tennis training table equipped with a Butterfly Amicus robot. There is no coach and most of the time no one else around, but the robot allows for fully customizable drills through a tablet attached.

What would you say are the most effective drills that I could set up? Right now I have the following:

*Only backhand or only forehand diagonally, lowest height setting to barely clear the net, maximum topspin and close to the maximum speed

*Two balls on forehand and two on backhand, same settings as above

*"Smash" setting, either forehand or backhand, height around 2xnet, close to table edge placement, minimum topspin. I use that for looping practice as well

*Serve setting, short, middle of the table, just high enough to clear the net, close to maximum backspin (maximum backspin from the machine is ridiculous, I doubt it could be generated with a racket)

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Julian

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Depends what you want to work on? I usually rotate between 4-5 drills, I have them timed to run for 60 seconds, then the 20 second break in between. After each drill I switch to the next.

A drill you could add would be an all underspin drill. You can setup two short underspin serves to each side of the table. The robot will alternate using one, then the other each time it runs through the sequence. Then, you can place a short underspin to the BH side for you to push, then a long underspin receive on the BH for you to loop. Then, do the same on the FH side.

Something else you can do to add variety is to use the random settings. Activating both random settings (placement and order) on your 2BH + 2 FH drill is a nice change.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
I am totally jealous of the people who have access to this robot.

My recommend would be;

1) "Focus on mostly footwork after developing some good technique(technique development should be done with coach or if player understands what is better technique, then it can be recorded by a cam to review)"

2) Vary exercises, don't overdo each. 2fh-2bh, 2-1, 1-2, 3-1, in-out(service return, 4th, 6th ball), falkenberg(drive, topspin), top-spin against backspin, random...

3) Don't use it over a real partner.

I wish I had access to it, I would do 40 minute hardcore session, then 20 minute serving on my day-off.

Good luck :)

Sent from Tapatalk