Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
This is not looking good for Harimoto, his journey could be over today. Seems like he can't handle the pressure.

Reactions: Vlad Celler

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Harimoto is out, once again he couldn't handle the pressure in a big tournament. It was obvious from yesterday he was in bad shape because he struggled and made lots of mistakes. Not sure what they did with him after WTT Contender Doha in March. If he cannot improve on this he will never win a big title.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Definitely Jorgic is a good player with a superb BH, very impressive

I really feel Harimoto was far from his best, Jorgic did give him a few misses but he couldn't capitalize on it. He was waaaayy too nervous
His performance pales compared to Mizutani who was all out against Germany or China when there was no other choice.

Harimoto just became like all of us amateur players, playing worse and worse and with more fear as we enter the money time in each game.

After the 2019 exit to the young korean, yes we can say Harimoto is not of the highest class of champions unfortunately. He cannot withstand the highest pressure.

• Sad
Reactions: quanghuysk and mrk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Who needs a top national coach during a crucial Olympic match when you can have a babushka as your coach leading you to victory?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Definitely Jorgic is a good player with a superb BH, very impressive

I really feel Harimoto was far from his best, Jorgic did give him a few misses but he couldn't capitalize on it. He was waaaayy too nervous
His performance pales compared to Mizutani who was all out against Germany or China when there was no other choice.

Harimoto just became like all of us amateur players, playing worse and worse and with more fear as we enter the money time in each game.

After the 2019 exit to the young korean, yes we can say Harimoto is not of the highest class of champions unfortunately. He cannot withstand the highest pressure.

It is the lack of footwork and forehand under pressure. He doesn't have the tools to take the point into his own hands. Jorgic on the other hand knows that his opening is going to kill you. The difference in raw power was visible to me.

Reactions: Richie and mrk

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017

Yes seems like his WTCC loss against An Jaehyun wasn't just a fluke for the korean. It was similar there and he confirmed later he was too nervous. He performed really good when he is/was the clear underdog - he won against some chinese in the past. If it's a must have win he struggles in big tournaments against good performing opponents. Same story in the last japan nationals, he was the clear favourite and he lost.

• Sad
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I wouldn't say Darko played anything more exceptional then usually. Harimoto is not improving variety, he is playing all the same and players just got used to his style. If he is going to be top player he must diversify strategy point by point. I ma just thinking how they can overcome Sweden in teams competition.

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017

It is the lack of footwork and forehand under pressure. He doesn't have the tools to take the point into his own hands. Jorgic on the other hand knows that his opening is going to kill you. The difference in raw power was visible to me.

Like yesterday against LAM Siu Hang. No footwork, so he stayed close to the table and mostly used his backhand. No forehand and no footwork. Simply not good enough.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I wouldn't say Darko played anything more exceptional then usually. Harimoto is not improving variety, he is playing all the same and players just got used to his style. If he is going to be top player he must diversify strategy point by point. I ma just thinking how they can overcome Sweden in teams competition.

Darko is a really high quality player - Harimoto has limitations, but there is no reason Darko can't beat him. Harimoto is not that much better especially since Darko improved his backhand countering game.

Reactions: Sali
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Darko played really good, but you can't ignore that Harimoto played well in Doha this year and in China in December. he beated Dima, Calderano, Ma Long, Jang Woojin among others

so for me its obvious the #1 problem is a mental one. under pressure he's not playing well as the favourite.

he was also given a warning by the referee because of his loudness in game 5 iirc, he immediately lost the 3 following points as if his mind wasn't there at all.
I think it gave him even more pressure later as well.

regarding his loss in national championship, last year to Uda it was a really tight match played at deuce in the 7th, nothing to be ashamed and nothing to do like today

and this year, he lost after playing 3 matches in the same day, the schedule was very hard. he was exhausted after playing a 7-game against a chopper and lost to Oikawa who is his training buddy (same Tleague team), so i think he has some excuses for this loss.

Harimoto had a passive / negative attitude. Jorgic had a good challenger mentality the whole game.

Last edited:
Reactions: quanghuysk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Darko played really good, but you can't ignore that Harimoto played well in Doha this year and in China in December. he beated Dima, Calderano, Ma Long, Jang Woojin among others

so for me its obvious the #1 problem is a mental one. under pressure he's not playing well as the favourite.

he was also given a warning by the referee because of his loudness in game 5 iirc, he immediately lost the 3 following points as if his mind wasn't there at all.
I think it gave him even more pressure later as well.

regarding his loss in national championship, last year to Uda it was a really tight match played at deuce in the 7th, nothing to be ashamed and nothing to do like today

and this year, he lost after playing 3 matches in the same day, the schedule was very hard. he was exhausted after playing a 7-game against a chopper and lost to Oikawa who is his training buddy (same Tleague team), so i think he has some excuses for this loss.

Harimoto had a passive / negative attitude. Jorgic had a good challenger mentality the whole game.

Doha is not WTTC or Olympics. Harimoto did not lose 0-4 or 1-4 or even 2-4. He lost tight games to an opponent who matched up well with his skills. Big difference. No doubt Harimoto is the better player but the margin is not enough to escape the possibility of loss. Over time, I think people will better appreciate how strong Jorgic really is. For me losing to Jorgic is no different from losing to Jang Woojin.

Reactions: Richie