xiom close to tenergy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
t05 has harder sponge than T64

hard sponge = big swing = maximum speed (hard sponges need more power to compress but when they do they give more speed than softer sponges , it is like the modulus of elasticity in springs)

soft sponge = big swing = maximum control

This is my understanding of the Tenergy rubbers. 05, 64 and 25 all have the same sponge. They sponge is not what changes. 05 has the smallest pips (narrowest diameter). 64, the pips are a little bigger which gives the topsheet a harder feel, but the sponge is the same. 25 has the largest pips, look at them if you ever get a chance, they are really big. That gives 25 the hardest feel. Again the sponge is not what has changed. Just the pips. All three have the same spring sponge.

All Tenergy's have the same sponge and all the FX's have the same sponge. The differences is as Carl pointed out, that the pips are different. Although the differences between 05 and 64 is that the pips are same size but there is less of them on the 64 thus making it "softer". That's why there's so many of CNT using the 64 as BH rubber.

Sorry guys but I just wanted to point it out. :)

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
The topsheet of xiom is very different from Tenergy Rubbers

Tenergy 05 is definately harder than 64, no doubt whatsoever

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Why is there always a comparison......Xiom is close to behaving like Xiom and T05 will behave like T05.......stop trying to figure out what is closest and buy T05 for its performance or you can just buy Xiom and expect it to perform like Xiom thank you, the end.

This user has no status.
Here's my two cents.

Don't fixate too much on your equipment. Try some and choose one that is most closely suited to your style of play. Then train hard to adapt to it, not the other way around. for most of us amateurs, there is little chance of customized rubbers like the pros so live with this fact. Focusing too much on equipment will slow down your progress. Instead you should focus on your training.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Here's my two cents.

Don't fixate too much on your equipment. Try some and choose one that is most closely suited to your style of play. Then train hard to adapt to it, not the other way around. for most of us amateurs, there is little chance of customized rubbers like the pros so live with this fact. Focusing too much on equipment will slow down your progress. Instead you should focus on your training.

Agreed.... just to add a couple of pences, i play with Xiom Sigma Pro in max and it is fantastic and really people have been saying they are heavy..well they are not, the best part of it is that it plays like Xiom and i did not even compare it to anything lol......