Xiom Vega H release?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
My sheet of Black, Max arrived this morning from TT11. It's very different to the original Vega Pro, so I don't expect "VP with a bit of tack". The pip height is tiny, the topsheet is very slightly tacky (like Rasanter C, Bluegrip etc, not like PK50 / Rakza Z), and the sponge is very small-pored. I'll have a knock soon and report back.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
My sheet of Black, Max arrived this morning from TT11. It's very different to the original Vega Pro, so I don't expect "VP with a bit of tack". The pip height is tiny, the topsheet is very slightly tacky (like Rasanter C, Bluegrip etc, not like PK50 / Rakza Z), and the sponge is very small-pored. I'll have a knock soon and report back.
Look forward to hearing more once you've given it a knock. As a massive long shot, I was at school with an andy smith years ago, don't suppose you grew up near Oxford?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Look forward to hearing more once you've given it a knock. As a massive long shot, I was at school with an andy smith years ago, don't suppose you grew up near Oxford?
No, that's not me. It's the curse of the Andy Smith, we're everywhere and are always getting each other's emails.

• Haha
Reactions: AdamTT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Is this basically their version of Stiga Hybrid M
I do have some sheets of DNA Hybrid H here (for another player). The stiga looks to be a full-on ESN hybrid like Rasanter C and the rest of them. The Vega looks different, at least in terms of the sponge. Just going off the price alone (not a great judge of anything of course), I'm wondering if the Vega will be more of an allround hybrid, like Bluegrip S.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I do have some sheets of DNA Hybrid H here (for another player). The stiga looks to be a full-on ESN hybrid like Rasanter C and the rest of them. The Vega looks different, at least in terms of the sponge. Just going off the price alone (not a great judge of anything of course), I'm wondering if the Vega will be more of an allround hybrid, like Bluegrip S.
So do you think Stiga Hybrid M is more of a premium rubber than Bluegrip S1 even though on paper they are both 47d with C-touch?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Had a session with VPH last night, early impressions are - although it's physically very different to the OG Vega Pro, it feels pretty close to what a slightly tacky VP would be if you had to guess in advance. It's spinny, bit slower than VP, high arc but the lack of pace pulls the ball up short on the other side of the table. That would need adjustment from me. Felt spin sensitive. Makes a surprisingly loud cracking sound for a 47.5 degree sponge. Feels a bit heavy (72.2g uncut).

Slower than Hybrid K3 or Rasanter C47. I was fondly remembering Donic Baracuda while I was using it - similar focus on spin rather than speed, high arc, short throw, but the tack adds a little bit of bite and drag in the short game. You either like that bit of tack or you don't. And you might be looking for a "tamer" hybrid experience I guess. Imagine a more lively Glayzer 09c? I'd take this over G09c, which is just too dead for me.

So do you think Stiga Hybrid M is more of a premium rubber than Bluegrip S1 even though on paper they are both 47d with C-touch?

I think it's marketed as such, hard to say much else I suppose. I haven't used S1, but I did try S3 and it was a fair bit slower than the Rasanter C45 I was using at the same time. Bluegrip uses the older Acuda sponge - doesn't make it worse of course, but might make it cheaper.

I presume it's like comparing Bluegrip to Bluestar, in terms of product positioning inside Donic's own range. DNA Hybrid is positioned like Bluestar, but it would need someone who's used all these rubbers to tell you anything useful.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Had a session with VPH last night, early impressions are - although it's physically very different to the OG Vega Pro, it feels pretty close to what a slightly tacky VP would be if you had to guess in advance. It's spinny, bit slower than VP, high arc but the lack of pace pulls the ball up short on the other side of the table. That would need adjustment from me. Felt spin sensitive. Makes a surprisingly loud cracking sound for a 47.5 degree sponge. Feels a bit heavy (72.2g uncut).

Slower than Hybrid K3 or Rasanter C47. I was fondly remembering Donic Baracuda while I was using it - similar focus on spin rather than speed, high arc, short throw, but the tack adds a little bit of bite and drag in the short game. You either like that bit of tack or you don't. And you might be looking for a "tamer" hybrid experience I guess. Imagine a more lively Glayzer 09c? I'd take this over G09c, which is just too dead for me.
It's good to see more confirmation of this. Earlier reviews from Asia have made similar comments. To me, the Vega H rubbers scream to be used as backhand rubbers and I look forward to using Vega Europe H on my backhand.

Omega 8 Hybrid and 8 China are, I assume, what will be the real hybrid forehand rubbers from Xiom.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

I think it's marketed as such, hard to say much else I suppose. I haven't used S1, but I did try S3 and it was a fair bit slower than the Rasanter C45 I was using at the same time. Bluegrip uses the older Acuda sponge - doesn't make it worse of course, but might make it cheaper.

I presume it's like comparing Bluegrip to Bluestar, in terms of product positioning inside Donic's own range. DNA Hybrid is positioned like Bluestar, but it would need someone who's used all these rubbers to tell you anything useful.
I currently have Hybrid M and H glued to blades, and I have Dragon Grip glued on the other side. But I find that DragonGrip has a lot more catapult than Hybrid M/H. I'm not sure why they made that design decision.

Hybrid seems like it should be good, but the catapult is lower than I'd like.

Reactions: kindof99