Sanwei T88 Ultra Spin - Review

This is my first review, i'm not sure how to do it but i'll be inspired by the ones i've seen.

I paid 8 $ for a pair with the new member coupon of aliexpress and free shipping when purchased two units. (it was the store promotion at the time). Consider this the most important.

(for plantation Brazilians, about R$ 39 at the time)

I bought it on December 3rd, 2020, left China on the 4th and arrived at my house on January 5th, 2021. I bought it in one year and it arrived the next year lol. Exactly 1 month and two days, ok. (1 month is the normal delivery time for aliexpress in brazil)follow where I bought:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10000026973131.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1f3fbf64aq7K9f&algo_pvid=c7bbf396-2221-4438-82de-b4dc969460ed&algo_expid=c7bbf396-2221-4438-82de-b4dc969460ed-0&btsid=0bb0620316117616705463213e5010&ws_ab_test=

They arrived as follows:Two rubbers with sponge colors practically identical in color to the sponge of Tenergy 05, the black one came curved as if it had boosted, but I believe it was just a coincidence, the black one is harder (around 39 degrees) and the red one came a little softer, I believe 38 degrees. pasted the black on the fh and the red on the bh. the most important pro is: they send a sidetape as gift : )

I already say that the only rubber that I believe can really be taken as a "reference" of the T88 Ultra Spin is Tenergy 05, in some points I will also use my old Palio CJ8000 Biotech 39-41 as well. So, lets go:

Tackiness: It doesn't exist. the rubber is adherent like the topsheet of T05.

Speed: This is not much slow, but i no consider fast. it's actually a lot faster than my old Palio CJ8000 Biotech 39-41. But neither the speed of T05 can be compared. Smash has enough power to finish points when using his whole body to hit the ball.

Control: Here we got to the part that I wanted and that I like the rubber the most. your control is very good, it's incredibly easy to position the balls and block where I'm thinking, in a regular exercise last training yesterday where you gave a basic drive and then a topspin (this topspin was supposed to be done with 60-70% of the power since we were doing it with a training partner blocking) this rubber came out very well, but very much, I know that this has more to do with technique than with rubber, but I didn't change almost anything. in blocks it is even better, I could feel the ball and wherever I wanted, I believe this is the best attribute of this rubber. The rubber is no much sensitive to spin like my old Palio for example. (No sensitive to spin the inverted rubber way I say, non like anti or long pips.)

(Regarding the sensation, I as a penholder believe that in general penholders have a little more sensation of the ball in the rubber than shakehanders.)

Spin: The spin technique of this rubber, due to not being sticky but rather sticky, needs to accelerate the wrist, forearm and elbow more than with Chinese medium stickiness rubbers like Yinhe Mercury II that can be used in the Chinese loop technique. This rubber is suitable for the European Loop technique. In serves, less spin than my old Palio CJ8000 Biotech 39-41 because it was more sticky. But with the correct brushing and training for adaptation, serves do not leave anything to be desired, I manage to do my backspin service very well, he has been making many points in matches recently. the classic underspin pendulum, reverse pendulum and bh service are also doing well too. In general, I use more backspin service, bh and pendulum. the reverse I keep for more delicate hours. but in general, really serving is not the strongest point, but it is enough to hinder the opponent. and taking the benchmark, Tenergy 05 clearly has more spin in loops and topspin, but in serves, I am sufficiently surprised that ONLY IN SERVICES the spin is approaching. In loops and topspins, I get a normal spin, nothing much more than what I could get with my old Palio CJ8000 Biotech 39-41. I believe the only difference with Palio is that I could get the same spin without accelerating the wrist, forearm and elbow.

Weight: Medium light. Black weighing about 62g uncut and cut around 50g, Red about 60g uncut and 51g cut. They are in a Penholder blade with a normal size of about 70g. Total weight 169g. Black cut 1.5 cm above the blade handle and Red glued close to the blade handle.

Consistency: Good, I can really put the ball where I want it and make regular strokes, not much visible variation or problems.

Durability: it's going to be about a month that I'm using with training twice a week for an hour and on Saturday I'm going to the club to just play games for about three hours. Nothing occurred with the rubber, look very very durable.

And well, in general, it's a very good training rubber, I don't recommend using it in championships. if you also want cheap rubbers to put on your returnboard is also an option. would buy again? yes, I would buy it again but only for training, it is very good for that, I don't know if it sounds silly to say that, but this is a training rubber to use Tenergy 05 in matches.

Recommended: for me, Yes! (only for practice).

The only con i see is the name being: Ultra Spin and have a normal spin lol.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 13.03.15 (2).jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 13.03.15 (2).jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 828
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 13.03.15 (1).jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 13.03.15 (1).jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 696
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 13.03.15.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 13.03.15.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 711
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 13.03.15 (3).jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-27 at 13.03.15 (3).jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 700
Last edited:
I recommend to Train:
Blocker / Counter-attack style;
The European style offensive/looper;
Versatile offensive /Controlled offensive;
Allrounder;
I also recommend for choppers who want to develop a good forehand chop with inverted and long pips / anti on backhand, this rubber needs consistency to give good chops.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
I had two pairs for fun and reselling only and they were good rubbers, kind of ESN rubbers but more easy to control. I play with Kokutaku 868 and I found them more suitable for my game, and they don't stop to get better and better.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk