Yinhe Mercury 2 vs Sanwei Ultra Spin T88

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
sorry to ask
if funds are limited and are only used for training for beginners.
which one should you choose?

Yinhe Mercury 2 or
Sanwei UltraSpin T88
It depends. Do you want tacky Chinese rubber or the usual more European rubber?

Mercury 2 is very very tacky, as tacky as any DHS rubber could be.

Sanwei UltraSpin is not tacky at all. But the top sheet has enough grip so you can learn how to impart spins on the ball.

If you are not sure which one to get, the general advice is to get Sanwei UltraSpin. Tackiness in the rubber is a decision most players make later in their training. They like to start with a "regular" rubber so to speak.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
If it's for beginners in their first year or so you could just go for the Sanwei T88-III Training double pack. I've sold a lot of these and clubs use them for beginners, but if they have played for two-three years the Sanwei - Ultra Spin would be a really perfect rubber, like JJ Ng wrote.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
I Agree with Mocker... Sanwei T-88 III has amazing control, and is pretty much a do-it-all type of rubber..
Mercury II too has very good control.. I consider myself an advanced-beginner/intermediate players, but I'm still using both, Sanwei Y-88III, and Mercury II on some of my setups.. I find Mercury II to a bit lighter than T88-III.. Mercury II is tacky, but not as tacky as DHS Hurricane III series..