Rubber that is insensitive to spin, does not bounce in the short game and that damping fast balls

Hi,

As I have a tennis style of play, I do backhands like them and despite training this movement is imprinted in my body and my mind. During the game I naturally resume this movement and therefore my shoulders are not in the trajectory of the ball, but at an angle.
So obviously, I quickly find myself in difficulty on the backhand because I make a lateral movement from left to right (I'm right-handed) and I can't hold a movement that starts from my body forward in a perpendicular direction of it.
In fact, my backhand gesture is to damping all the balls passing underneath. Except that in push game, this has the effect of making the ball rise and thus offering a smash to the opponent.
And obviously when I move back from the table I hit harder to give the ball more spin but as I hit it more than I rub it then it bounces and either I make the mistake or the ball goes too high and I smash once again, whereas in tennis this gesture allows a drop shot with a ball that comes to die behind the net, but I cannot reproduce this gesture in table tennis.
Is there a type of coating that could allow me to combine all of this ?

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
Giant Dragon - Submarine sounds like it could be right. Slow, dampening, good grip but not that spin sensitive. Really slow, even for a Chinese rubber :)

Warning, when I searched for this in aliexp got butt-plugs and weird smiley pokemon. I will find it for testing, the rubber, not the other stuff.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
  • One of my go to strategy is to serve side topspin with a pendulum serve from the BH corner.
  • Usually the ball will come back high and to my BH side or at least the middle of the table.
  • I stand ready to FH kill the ball for a point.
  • Along come player with pimple on BH side.
  • Pimple rubbercan just, with some, whatchamacallit thingamagic drop the ball short just beside the net to the far FH corner.
  • Just like Darth Sidious said, " Pimple / Anti are pathway to what many would consider unnatural... "
  • I hate pimple.

• Haha
Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
If you do try anti spin, they can be very, very different from each other. I have found the easiest to use and control is Butterfly Super Anti, while some of the Dr. N frictionless anti is extremely difficult to control. Basically, the more disturbing the effect, the harder to control.

I didn't specify it well, it's for the reverse that I'm looking for this type of rubber which would suit me and not others.
Furthermore, among the references cited no one says what thickness to take because when a rubber goes from 1mm to the max, it is not close to being the same thing.
In any case, what I'm looking for for the backhand is to return the serves, hold the rallies in a push game and find the opening to hit flat on the forehand. I don't hit or topspin backhand.
As I need control, I think of these blades : Tibhar Defense Plus, Dr Neubauer Firewall Plus, Stiga Allround Classic.
For a forehand, it would be a Yasaka Mark V GPS in 2mm or a Tibhar Vari Spin D-Tecs, but I have reservations with the trampoline effect of the tensors.