Back to Forum
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. dAbandit0 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 1 12
    D
    dAbandit0 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 12 1

    User Info Menu


    May 2021
    Canada
    12
    1
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1

    DHS pg6x, pg3t, 301t, pg5x, 301 and 506 x what are the differences?

    I want to try a carbon blade without spending a fortune. I doubt I would be good enough or have much use for an outer carbon blade so I want to try an inner carbon one. I have seen these new DHS blades on AliExpress the ones with t at the end All say that they use "new yellow blue and black ALC" how does this play compared to regular DHS ALC. And in general what are the key differences between all of the blades in the title of the post? Even if you have only played with one or two of the blades it would be nice to have your opinion on how they play
    Last edited by dAbandit0; 07-17-2021 at 11:40 PM.

  2. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 81 228
    mocker88's Avatar
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 228 81
    #2
    The PG5X ALC blade is very nice. I'm playing it with DHS H3 41deg and Yinhe Big Dipper 38deg, both boosted with Haifu Seamoon booster. It's not too fast, and gives me good control in the looping and short game. But never played any real matches with it so far because of Covid....

  3. Basillius Calvin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 11
    B
    Basillius Calvin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 2
    #3
    I've used pg5x too. Good feel, good control. Due to notorious DHS QC, it lacks solid feel due to material used, so at a point, even using 40-41 degree hurricane 3 neo unboosted, it feels like hitting with a pillow. Some friends using pg5x with tensors/eurojaps seems to feel just fine, though. In the end, I upgrade to fang bo b2x, and sold the pg5x 😂

    506x supposed to be a kind of viscaria-type blade from DHS. When buying the b2x, I also got offered the 506x, and get a chance for detailed look at 506x. Pretty nice actually, outer composite with potentially good feel, pretty solid judging from the sound pitch and feeling from the ball bouncing on the bare head.

    Regarding T series like 301t etc., I'm also waiting for any detailed information 😗

  4. Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Established TTD Member 99 188
    Gozo's Avatar
    Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Established TTD Member 188 99
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dAbandit0
    I want to try a carbon blade without spending a fortune. I doubt I would be good enough or have much use for an outer carbon blade so I want to try an inner carbon one. I have seen these new DHS blades on AliExpress the ones with t at the end All say that they use "new yellow blue and black ALC" how does this play compared to regular DHS ALC. And in general what are the key differences between all of the blades in the title of the post? Even if you have only played with one or two of the blades it would be nice to have your opinion on how they play

    If you want to try carbon blade without spending a fortune, your go to blade would be the from Yinhe brand.

    The Following User Likes Gozo's Post:

    Kuba Hajto


  5. Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 87
    A
    Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 87 27

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2020
    Germany
    87
    27
    159
    Read 1 Reviews
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Basillius Calvin
    I've used pg5x too. Good feel, good control. Due to notorious DHS QC, it lacks solid feel due to material used, so at a point, even using 40-41 degree hurricane 3 neo unboosted, it feels like hitting with a pillow. Some friends using pg5x with tensors/eurojaps seems to feel just fine, though. In the end, I upgrade to fang bo b2x, and sold the pg5x 😂

    506x supposed to be a kind of viscaria-type blade from DHS. When buying the b2x, I also got offered the 506x, and get a chance for detailed look at 506x. Pretty nice actually, outer composite with potentially good feel, pretty solid judging from the sound pitch and feeling from the ball bouncing on the bare head.

    Regarding T series like 301t etc., I'm also waiting for any detailed information 😗

    Can confirm.
    I am playing with this the TG 506x for quite some time now and it feels great. Will definitly stick to it for at least this season.
    FH: DHS Hurricane 3 neo 40° 2,1 (boosted with 2 layers of FTL)
    BH: DHS Hurricane 8-80 37° (unboosted)

    Tested Yinhe V14 pro before, but this blade a slightly faster and stiffer and is harder to play with imo. Another disadvantage was the durability. This wood is splintering way too easy, which forces me to switch the blade after 2 rubberswitches already -.- That was a dealbreaker for me for future purchases because this way this blade loses is budget advantage completely if i have to buy another blade every 6 months or so.

    I have played the DHS Hurricane Long 3 before that and those blades are at least kinda similar in terms of controll and speed. The Long 3 is probably even faster, but i dont like the harder vibration of it in my hand. Not really a dealbreaker but that is why the Long 3 is my sub-racket now.

    The only critique i have with this is blade is the finish.
    It had several carbonfibers sticking out of the handly and the edges close to the grip. In my case is had to sand this down, so yeah kinda sad but still far from being a dealbreaker because the next step would be to pay more than double the price for a real viscaria or finding another alternative^^


  6. Lycanthrope is offline
    says From RPB to SH
     
    TTD Member 57 82
    L
    Lycanthrope is offline
    says From RPB to SH
     
    TTD Member 82 57
    #6
    [h3]DHS Fang Bo B2X stands out for its good reputation on low-end DHS inner carbon blade. It has been tested by many others, the best in this class in DHS, good for value.[/h3]
    Last edited by Lycanthrope; 09-03-2021 at 01:43 AM.

  7. mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 81 228
    mocker88's Avatar
    mocker88 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 228 81
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Attitude

    Can confirm.
    I am playing with this the TG 506x for quite some time now and it feels great. Will definitly stick to it for at least this season.
    FH: DHS Hurricane 3 neo 40° 2,1 (boosted with 2 layers of FTL)
    BH: DHS Hurricane 8-80 37° (unboosted)

    Tested Yinhe V14 pro before, but this blade a slightly faster and stiffer and is harder to play with imo. Another disadvantage was the durability. This wood is splintering way too easy, which forces me to switch the blade after 2 rubberswitches already -.- That was a dealbreaker for me for future purchases because this way this blade loses is budget advantage completely if i have to buy another blade every 6 months or so.

    I have played the DHS Hurricane Long 3 before that and those blades are at least kinda similar in terms of controll and speed. The Long 3 is probably even faster, but i dont like the harder vibration of it in my hand. Not really a dealbreaker but that is why the Long 3 is my sub-racket now.

    The only critique i have with this is blade is the finish.
    It had several carbonfibers sticking out of the handly and the edges close to the grip. In my case is had to sand this down, so yeah kinda sad but still far from being a dealbreaker because the next step would be to pay more than double the price for a real viscaria or finding another alternative^^

    I have a couple of Yinhe V-14 PRO as well, and I too found out that the wood splinters too easy. Really nice fast blade otherwise...


  8. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 600 1,386
    K
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,386 600
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mocker88

    I have a couple of Yinhe V-14 PRO as well, and I too found out that the wood splinters too easy. Really nice fast blade otherwise...

    When I had mine, I just applied very thin layer of sealant. I still managed to nick it, but nothing really really bad happened even after 3 rubber changes.

    The Following User Likes Kuba Hajto's Post:

    mocker88


  9. Zwill is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 22 48
    Zwill's Avatar
    Zwill is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 48 22

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2018
    Hungary
    48
    22
    70
    Read 0 Reviews
    #9
    So good competition around the 50USD range from both Yinhe and DHS. And no one even mentioned the Yinhe 970XX ALC and KLC, M101, M102, M201, M202, Pro01, Pro11s, Pro13s.

    These are all fantastic blades and so are the previously mentioned others from DHS.

  10. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 600 1,386
    K
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,386 600
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwill
    So good competition around the 50USD range from both Yinhe and DHS. And no one even mentioned the Yinhe 970XX ALC and KLC, M101, M102, M201, M202, Pro01, Pro11s, Pro13s.

    These are all fantastic blades and so are the previously mentioned others from DHS.

    Add Pro-Feeling to that list as well. The issue I have with Yinhe is a severe lack of details for us EJs (am I an EJ if I had not changed equipment last year?). I tried to figure out the top ply of the 970XX for a long while. Yinhe has a lot of different Viscaria like blades, but I have not seen any very good L5 clone and definitely not played with one. Not saying that a Long5 Yinhe clone does not exist. I just have not seen one.


  11. Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 87
    A
    Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 87 27

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2020
    Germany
    87
    27
    159
    Read 1 Reviews
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwill
    So good competition around the 50USD range from both Yinhe and DHS. And no one even mentioned the Yinhe 970XX ALC and KLC, M101, M102, M201, M202, Pro01, Pro11s, Pro13s.

    These are all fantastic blades and so are the previously mentioned others from DHS.

    Because OP didnt ask^^

    I just gave my exp with one of the blades he wanted to have information on.


  12. Zwill is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 22 48
    Zwill's Avatar
    Zwill is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 48 22

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2018
    Hungary
    48
    22
    70
    Read 0 Reviews
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto

    Add Pro-Feeling to that list as well. The issue I have with Yinhe is a severe lack of details for us EJs (am I an EJ if I had not changed equipment last year?). I tried to figure out the top ply of the 970XX for a long while. Yinhe has a lot of different Viscaria like blades, but I have not seen any very good L5 clone and definitely not played with one. Not saying that a Long5 Yinhe clone does not exist. I just have not seen one.

    I think the 970xx A and K has koto just one is dyed koto (ayous can look very similar, but Yinhe kind of uses a lot of koto top plies and I don't remember any ayous). 970xx C should be cypress, don't think for this price it's hinoki.

    I will say that I had a Fang B2 and B2X and I think they are glued together better than Yinhe blades. Never had a single splinter from them and they are soft limba top plies. With Yinhe I had some accidents. But Yinhe blades have so nice handles, probably the best of all brands, the FL just fills up my palm.


  13. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 600 1,386
    K
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,386 600
    #13
    BTW, when looking at Long 5 clones, consider Donic Ovtcharov/Original No.1, they are very very very close (you can find one of my threads when I compared No.1 Senso to Long 5 based on dimensions). They are not that much cheaper though.

  14. Basillius Calvin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 11
    B
    Basillius Calvin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 2
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Attitude

    Can confirm.
    I am playing with this the TG 506x for quite some time now and it feels great. Will definitly stick to it for at least this season.
    FH: DHS Hurricane 3 neo 40° 2,1 (boosted with 2 layers of FTL)
    BH: DHS Hurricane 8-80 37° (unboosted)

    Tested Yinhe V14 pro before, but this blade a slightly faster and stiffer and is harder to play with imo. Another disadvantage was the durability. This wood is splintering way too easy, which forces me to switch the blade after 2 rubberswitches already -.- That was a dealbreaker for me for future purchases because this way this blade loses is budget advantage completely if i have to buy another blade every 6 months or so.

    I have played the DHS Hurricane Long 3 before that and those blades are at least kinda similar in terms of controll and speed. The Long 3 is probably even faster, but i dont like the harder vibration of it in my hand. Not really a dealbreaker but that is why the Long 3 is my sub-racket now.

    The only critique i have with this is blade is the finish.
    It had several carbonfibers sticking out of the handly and the edges close to the grip. In my case is had to sand this down, so yeah kinda sad but still far from being a dealbreaker because the next step would be to pay more than double the price for a real viscaria or finding another alternative^^

    Typically mid-range yinhe blades, so stiff, less feeling. I don't really into v14-pro too, tried it less than 5 minute, and return it immediately 😂😂😂 but pro 01, different story. It's way better.


  15. Basillius Calvin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 11
    B
    Basillius Calvin is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 2
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto

    Add Pro-Feeling to that list as well. The issue I have with Yinhe is a severe lack of details for us EJs (am I an EJ if I had not changed equipment last year?). I tried to figure out the top ply of the 970XX for a long while. Yinhe has a lot of different Viscaria like blades, but I have not seen any very good L5 clone and definitely not played with one. Not saying that a Long5 Yinhe clone does not exist. I just have not seen one.

    Yinhe did make some direct clone of long5/long5x/w968 actually. Some are branded after North Korean national players (yep, if you buy the blade, you are financially contributing in North Korean nuclear's funding, and of course donating for the Supreme Leader's cheese supplies funding 😂), some are coded by numbers too (like what Zhu Yi used, or uses, who knows, nowadays chinese proffesional players are even way better EJ than us mortals)

    Yinhe 977 = viscaria-structure
    Yinhe 977s = inner composite, koto top ply
    Yinhe 977-1 = inner composite, limba top ply (this is what supposed to be long5/long5x/w968 clone)

    The Following 2 Users Like Basillius Calvin's Post:

    mocker88 and Tipiak


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.