What are your thoughts on Yasaka Atletico Power?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Anybody have this blade and how do you find it? This blade apparently is popular and well-regarded. Its often suggested as an alternative to W968.

I got it and after many months, it's still not my favorite blade that I own.

The speed and hitting feeling and power is fine. But i feel the dwell time and grab is lower than many inner fivre blades. The carbon is fairly close to the outside. This gives it a more direct feeling.

But for me, the biggest issue is that the handle and wings are too thick and wide. It makes it quite hefty to maneuver. When i want to flick my wrist, i cant do it well because the handle is thick. Also serving feels more clumsy.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Just looking at the pictures it doesn't seem like it'd be my cup of tea. Thinner top plies and a lot of pores on the ayous core, looks more like a HL5X clone to me than a W968 clone.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
I will get one eventually because i want an inner blade with a little more backup power and a less rounded handle than the vsea. While i do like it in many aspects, stabilizing it in a bh to fh rallye for example, makes it hard to not let my blade slip forward. I often tikes catching edges because i cant seem to grap the handle in the right angle.

The handle looks as thick as a vis handle which should help my cause, although we will see if it will impact my bh flicks as well.

In the pictures from prott it doesnt seem so thin. The first outer ply sure, but that seem to be the case for w968 as well.
If the feeling gets to direct i might have the issue again i have with outer alc blades as well, hitting the ball too hard so it wont come down in time. Something that rarely happens with inner blades currently.
I even tested the ovtcharov inner and it was quite fun, although a little bit on the upper end of too fast for my current technique^^

Well im still quite excited of how it will play, when i will finally get it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I will get one eventually because i want an inner blade with a little more backup power and a less rounded handle than the vsea. While i do like it in many aspects, stabilizing it in a bh to fh rallye for example, makes it hard to not let my blade slip forward. I often tikes catching edges because i cant seem to grap the handle in the right angle.

The handle looks as thick as a vis handle which should help my cause, although we will see if it will impact my bh flicks as well.

In the pictures from prott it doesnt seem so thin. The first outer ply sure, but that seem to be the case for w968 as well.
If the feeling gets to direct i might have the issue again i have with outer alc blades as well, hitting the ball too hard so it wont come down in time. Something that rarely happens with inner blades currently.
I even tested the ovtcharov inner and it was quite fun, although a little bit on the upper end of too fast for my current technique^^

Well im still quite excited of how it will play, when i will finally get it.
Please let me know what your thoughts are when you get it.
Mostly because I'm testing your current equipment next week!

I've been looking at the aletico power as well and typically you can buy commercial version and special version with a huge prize gap. Still need to find a review on the differences of these two, but according to Gan (he was using special version last year himself) the special version is a lot better than the commercial one.

Bummer honestly, but I'll try to pick one up in june when im in china.

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Please let me know what your thoughts are when you get it.
Mostly because I'm testing your current equipment next week!

I've been looking at the aletico power as well and typically you can buy commercial version and special version with a huge prize gap. Still need to find a review on the differences of these two, but according to Gan (he was using special version last year himself) the special version is a lot better than the commercial one.

Bummer honestly, but I'll try to pick one up in june when im in china.
Hi, did you happen to find the differences between commercial and special? Is the special version named pro? Any idea on the price?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
1712732774739.png

It has these 4 stars and special ingrained in the handle. Some even with player names.
Currently in Tabao it goes around 200 USD. Normal version around 70 USD.

It is not the pro Version. The few reviews I've seen said that the pro doesn't play good, because the headsize is huge (165cm?) and that the feeling is completly different.

Reactions: kevin.c
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
View attachment 29288
It has these 4 stars and special ingrained in the handle. Some even with player names.
Currently in Tabao it goes around 200 USD. Normal version around 70 USD.

It is not the pro Version. The few reviews I've seen said that the pro doesn't play good, because the headsize is huge (165cm?) and that the feeling is completly different.
Tq, wow that's a huge difference in price. Really wonder if that justifies 2.5x improved performance?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I came across this video today and the reviewer here has the Atletico Power Pro as his #2 top blade behind DHS Hurricane Hao 3.

What was interesting to me was that he said that the Yasaka Resonate AI blade is "exactly the same" (his words) as the Atletico Power Pro except for design. This is pretty interesting since this blade can be bought for under $100 here in Japan.

@ 6:45

Might have to pick one up but have a few blades on my shopping list already.

This user has no status.
So ill try to put down somewhat of a review about this blade after nearly 2 weeks full of training sessions + my first match with it.

As you already see from the fact that i did play a match with it my view seriously changed from the blade.

So first things first:
Currently i play with Battle 2 BS on fh and H3neo 37 on bh. Both sides boosted. For B2 one layer of FTL was enough while H3n needed one bigger layer and one thinner one. That results in a racket 209g heavy.
I suppose my mentioned issues with it here https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/friendship-729-battle-3.30784/page-2#post-453213 were mainly because they were quite freshly glued onto the blade.
But i was kinda scared that i wasted money on that blade because i had zero feeling, almost no spin in my shots. That was especially sad because the handle is really beautiful. I mean it lies almost perfectly in my hand. I currently have almost no issues with it switching from bh shots to fh and vice cersa.

So 2 days later i trained with it again and the difference was huge. Now i had way more spin in my shots, decent amount of control and feeling. My shots had a pretty good arc again which was a bit further than before.

For some more details:
The blade is quite balanced although the rubbers, especially the B2 are quite heavy.
The blade weighs 89g.
The handle is wider and a bit flatter in hand than the more rounded one from the Sword Vsea.
It reminds me a bit of a Viscaria.

Gameplaywise i still need to check on some shots but these are details that mostly concern me an my playstyle.

The blade resolves the following issues i had before with the Vsea:

Stronger bh flicks or topspin.
While i was capable of looping and spinning the ball, i have struggled really hard to do really fast and hard shots with the Vsea.
The Atletico Power (AP) sends the ball way harder away if force is applied and has a higher throw. Therefore i dont need such a hard upward movement anymore and can apply way more force forward to pressure my opponent with opening flicks.

Getting the blade back in hand propperly after making a switch.
Although i am training fh to bh and vice versa transitions regularly i couldnt get used to grip the Vsea propperly. That forced me way too often to catch an edge because i tried to counterattack with the racket still too closed, because my indexfinger still didnt reached the bh rubber to force the angle open (i hope you get the issue^^).
The issue rarely happens with AP because my hand can grab the handle more naturally and it fits way better into my palm.

Harder fh loops.
While not really an issue because i can hit pretty hard either way, i often looped with a higher focus on spin than speed even though i wanted to kill loop. While that is more of technique issue i found that loopkilling is way easier with the AP. Timing got a little bit more important but is manageable for me and will get even easier when i learn to move faster.

The only little issues i have currently with the blade is one the weight because it kinda strains my wrist a bit how it lays in my hand and second getting used to the more direct speed i got. I do have no problem to block and counter with my fh but bh feels a bit off. I still need to get used to change the angle and movement of my racket to better block and counter several shots. But im quite sure this time, that time and training will resolve this itself.

So my current plan is to switch rubbers around in the upcoming offseason to see if i can resolve the weight issue. Gotta test Xuperman anyway and probably need to test a non chinese rubber on bh too, because i am curious of how Stiga Mantra pro will feel on an inner blade.

All in all im quite happy with how the blade turned out to be. I do wonder though how close it is to W968, but im quite sure that i wont find that out anytime soon, because i dont see a reason to pay 3x the amount of AP for a blade.
I just wished it would be easier to get my hand on AP in europe than it is currently the case.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
So ill try to put down somewhat of a review about this blade after nearly 2 weeks full of training sessions + my first match with it.

As you already see from the fact that i did play a match with it my view seriously changed from the blade.

So first things first:
Currently i play with Battle 2 BS on fh and H3neo 37 on bh. Both sides boosted. For B2 one layer of FTL was enough while H3n needed one bigger layer and one thinner one. That results in a racket 209g heavy.
I suppose my mentioned issues with it here https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/friendship-729-battle-3.30784/page-2#post-453213 were mainly because they were quite freshly glued onto the blade.
But i was kinda scared that i wasted money on that blade because i had zero feeling, almost no spin in my shots. That was especially sad because the handle is really beautiful. I mean it lies almost perfectly in my hand. I currently have almost no issues with it switching from bh shots to fh and vice cersa.

So 2 days later i trained with it again and the difference was huge. Now i had way more spin in my shots, decent amount of control and feeling. My shots had a pretty good arc again which was a bit further than before.

For some more details:
The blade is quite balanced although the rubbers, especially the B2 are quite heavy.
The blade weighs 89g.
The handle is wider and a bit flatter in hand than the more rounded one from the Sword Vsea.
It reminds me a bit of a Viscaria.

Gameplaywise i still need to check on some shots but these are details that mostly concern me an my playstyle.

The blade resolves the following issues i had before with the Vsea:

Stronger bh flicks or topspin.
While i was capable of looping and spinning the ball, i have struggled really hard to do really fast and hard shots with the Vsea.
The Atletico Power (AP) sends the ball way harder away if force is applied and has a higher throw. Therefore i dont need such a hard upward movement anymore and can apply way more force forward to pressure my opponent with opening flicks.

Getting the blade back in hand propperly after making a switch.
Although i am training fh to bh and vice versa transitions regularly i couldnt get used to grip the Vsea propperly. That forced me way too often to catch an edge because i tried to counterattack with the racket still too closed, because my indexfinger still didnt reached the bh rubber to force the angle open (i hope you get the issue^^).
The issue rarely happens with AP because my hand can grab the handle more naturally and it fits way better into my palm.

Harder fh loops.
While not really an issue because i can hit pretty hard either way, i often looped with a higher focus on spin than speed even though i wanted to kill loop. While that is more of technique issue i found that loopkilling is way easier with the AP. Timing got a little bit more important but is manageable for me and will get even easier when i learn to move faster.

The only little issues i have currently with the blade is one the weight because it kinda strains my wrist a bit how it lays in my hand and second getting used to the more direct speed i got. I do have no problem to block and counter with my fh but bh feels a bit off. I still need to get used to change the angle and movement of my racket to better block and counter several shots. But im quite sure this time, that time and training will resolve this itself.

So my current plan is to switch rubbers around in the upcoming offseason to see if i can resolve the weight issue. Gotta test Xuperman anyway and probably need to test a non chinese rubber on bh too, because i am curious of how Stiga Mantra pro will feel on an inner blade.

All in all im quite happy with how the blade turned out to be. I do wonder though how close it is to W968, but im quite sure that i wont find that out anytime soon, because i dont see a reason to pay 3x the amount of AP for a blade.
I just wished it would be easier to get my hand on AP in europe than it is currently the case.
I really don't think AP is similar to W968 at all. My friend has W968, and I find it a lot easier to handle than AP.

AP feels thick and heavy and clumsy and difficult to maneuver. AP feels stiffer and denser. W968 has a lighter, snappier feeling.