Pongfinity Sensei

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
A club member plays with it; a youngster lured to the sport by the Pongfinity channel. So he came to the club with a Pongfinity setup.

Power to him and his peers, I say, and kudos for Pongfinity for inspiring the curious in a generation of device dwellers!

The blade plays well, and it’s a good thing if it helps abet choice anxiety, making people just have fun playing with something that’ll suit many just fine in an important development stage, and well beyond.

Reactions: jammmail and jk1980
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
youtubers with cool tricks - that’s who they are. they’re decent players, too.
but selling products with that kind of price? i don’t think it will last.
they will grow as a channel but this step… i don’t know.. it is a good try.

This user has no status.
Edit: this is a reply to JK
But if you want s real beginners bat then don't get two tensor on a 7 ply.
for a true beginner generic 5 ply TM plus two 729 focus snipe. This can be 70 euros if you massively overpay or if you have AliExpress it can cost 40 euros.
In this case 120 is far too much I am assuming this bat is for someone who is just starting out at local league play here and a stiga off classic with g1 probably is fine but if not there are literally hundreds of cheap old gen tensors for 30-35 euros a side especially with offers at shops you could even go as low as AliExpress derwind tensors for 25 euros each and a 30 euro blade from yinhe for a total of 70-80euros

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
to be honest, i do not know a single person (being a table tennis beginner) in germany that would even remotely think about buying table tennis equipment from AliExpress. They would much rather go to a table tennis shop to get consulted or check some reviews on amazon.

That was pretty much my way... started of with a 40€ amazon donic racket and got told in the second training that this was not a proper racket to play with longterm. Of course the veterans recommended building and glueing my own blade with rubbers. Of course them being pretty old they recommended rubbers with thickness of below 1.5mm. These would lead to the beginner basically playing like a table tennis player from 30 years ago and probably never evolve to anything better.

I know those players that say "i never was able to cope with rubbers thicker than 1.7mm, so i stuck with what i have for the last 20 years". That are players that play for 30 years and can not do one proper topspin strike, but basically only play pushes and drives.

For me the Pongfinity Sensei was good enough to play a month or two and could have probably played it until now if i would not have become an EJ.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022

and how would a total beginner know which of the hundreds of 7ply woods are a decent ones?
On top of that the G-1 is pretty hard for a beginner to play, so even if he had somebody like you to advise him he would end up with a pretty fast and unforgiving racket.

I think part of what you pay is for Pongfinity's knowledge about what a balanced racket is that you could probably keep for at least a year when you are a beginner.

Hi I can use some help on the topic... My son is 11 and started playing in a team with training once a week about a year ago. He is a big fan of pongfinity and wants the racket for hie birthday now... My question is: When you say "probably keep for at least a year when a beginner" will he be out of it soon (not a beginner anymore), I mean what is a beginner to you very advanced players? He has a 60,- EUR racket that we got in a little shop from a TT coach. And I have no clue about the subject (although my street TT skills are still enough to beat my son every time...) Thnaks for some more insights on this!

Last edited:
Reactions: latej
No he can play with it for years If it was my son I’d get it. I know lots of people kids and grownups that are happy with less sophisticated rackets and it’s a fun souvenir too. It probably doesn’t matter he may want new stuff whatever you get him…

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022

Hi I can use some help on the topic... My son is 11 and started playing in a team with training once a week about a year ago. He is a big fan of pongfinity and wants the racket for hie birthday now... My question is: When you say "probably keep for at least a year when a beginner" will he be out of it soon (not a beginner anymore), I mean what is a beginner to you very advanced players? He has a 60,- EUR racket that we got in a little shop from a TT coach. And I have no clue about the subject (although my street TT skills are still enough to beat my son every time...) Thnaks for some more insights on this!

The Pongfinity Sensei is a 7-ply wood and hence probably a little faster than the beginner 5 ply woods that beginners would play. I don't think you can go much wrong with buying it for him. He will have mad fun and the rubbers are good enough to play for beginners and intermediates. If he then outgrows the rubbers that are on the Pongfinity Sensei bat you can easily replace the rubbers on it.

I did replace the rubbers with something else on it as well and it was no problem.

Since you are from Germany i could even sell you mine on the cheap, if you dont wanna shell out the 120€ for it.