Wooden blade

This user has no status.
I feel that the Timo Boll ALC, being a fast, hard and skill requiring blade, has become too hard to use with an injury. I just cannot get into position or use the proper technique to get good shots right now. I’m thinking of buying a 5 ply wood blade for a softer feel and more forgiveness until I am fit enough to use the TB ALC again. A wood blade will also allow me to use full strokes more confidently without worrying about going off the table. Here is a list I am considering:
1. BTY Primorac wood
2. Donic Waldner Blackpower
3. Donic Ovtcharov Senso V1/V2
4. Stiga Clipper
Can anyone who has used any of these tell me if they are soft and slow?
Thanks a bunch!

This user has no status.
Donic Epox Offensiv.. if they still make it/have it.
It was my first blade. Good controlled attacks around ALL+/OFF- region, and larger head size (probably around Harimoto size). Weight around 90g and NOT head heavy at all when I used it back then (the Senso ones are known to be noticably head heavy).

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Primorac all wood, made in Japan version (PJV)is a great blade, more expensive than the Euro made version.
Never tried TB ALC so can’t compare directly, do have a couple of Viscaria’s though, PJV is indeed slower and softer. Nice blade for ‘feel’, fast enough and easier to control than Viscaria.
Primorac (Euro made) all wood is pure and simple an excellent product at a very good price!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

I’ve recently used the Primorac and Clipper. The Primorac was fairly slow and had a nice feel to it, mine was fairly heavy at just under 90g which I liked. The Clipper was faster but to me lost some of the feel of the Primo and was lighter at 85g. I didn’t like it as much as I had hoped I would, it just felt a little flimsy.The other slower blade I tried was a Stiga all round classic which was very nice - best feel of the lot, and how I felt a real wooden blade should play.I see someone has recommended a 301 - that’s where I settled (301x) and I love it - great touch and not too fast but plenty of gears. You do however, lose the wooden feel.good luck.

Last edited: