Looking for a small handle blade

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I wonder how you suggest to make it bigger with a rasp?

well, i thought you never ask .....😂
There is a wood-worker in our club and he simply glued an extra piece of wood on and then, using a rasp, a file and sand paper shaped and smoothed it out to suit .
It is also quite simple to take the original two pieces of wood off , glue bigger ones on , fill in the sides as well, then proceed as above.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

It will never look like original.
Lots of people accept only original manufacturer's handle and any intervention on the blade is unacceptable for them.
There are even players who distinguish FH from BH !?
Like the side with the lens is FH 😄

All that said I would also rather have original small handle than do the filing and sanding. But that's just because I'm lazy and I don't believe I can do a proper job.

of course it will never look like the original, it will look like a custom-blade.
When i make or buy a blade i primarily acquire a tool to play ping pong.
Of course i am aware of the fact that some people buy themself a re-saleable commodity. 😁

Re. distinguishing between FH and BH..........................YES, i admit it, I am one of those, I am using different rubbers on either side so the "lens-side" is my forehand side.

well, i thought you never ask .....😂
There is a wood-worker in our club and he simply glued an extra piece of wood on and then, using a rasp, a file and sand paper shaped and smoothed it out to suit .
It is also quite simple to take the original two pieces of wood off , glue bigger ones on , fill in the sides as well, then proceed as above.

What a hassle, simple yeahh.🤮

• Haha
Reactions: lodro

yes, it is very simple, if you got the knack.
It might be like "walking on water" some got it, some do not.

From your first post:
”anybody with a rasp, file and a sanding block…”

Anybody or someone who’s “got the knack”???

• Haha
Reactions: latej
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

From your first post:
”anybody with a rasp, file and a sanding block…”

Anybody or someone who’s “got the knack”???

Really !!!!!
splitting hair ?
If someone gets themself a rasp a file and a sanding block and does NOT have a knack for this kind a work it would be
like a beginner buying themselves a 1000dollar blade,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
But fair enough, somebody with (what we call) 2 left hands better start training with some old blades. They come up for auction here
often as "vintage blades" and i bought 9 of them for NZ$ 1 not that long ago.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Yasaka blades have very nice handles and suit smaller hands IMO. I had my Extra 3D as my first combo, and now back to Yasaka Extra Offensive 7 Power. All my previous blades handles just didnt suit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Nittaku Acoustic / Violin flared
Andro TP_Ligna ALL or TP_Ligna CI
Bty Kenta Matsudaira
Bty SK Carbon
Bty Innerforce ZLF
Victas Swat Slim
Donic World Champion 89 flared
Nittaku Strike