Receieved Fang Bo Carbon, but no photo of FB

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I received this from aliexpress, but it doesnt have photo of FB. Is it fake?

Does dhs also make a version without the photo?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I received this from aliexpress, but it doesnt have photo of FB. Is it fake? Does dhs also make a version without the photo?

are you sure it is the carbon blade ? The Hurricane BO 2X (Hurricane B2X, B2-X) Fang Bo 2 X Arylate Carbon does not have the photo Actually looking at your pic, it is quite clearly ALC not just C

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

are you sure it is the carbon blade ? The Hurricane BO 2X (Hurricane B2X, B2-X) Fang Bo 2 X Arylate Carbon does not have the photo Actually looking at your pic, it is quite clearly ALC not just C

No this is B2 with carbon. I am almost willing to bet that the lack of Fang Bo’s face at the bottom is part of DHS’s refresh of their products. The B2X came out relatively recent and so I’m assuming that they transitioned to just having the trophy at the bottom after that. The box is also new, different from mine. I don’t know if this is just because it’s the B2X or if it’s the older one.

you can check verification with the holographic, but you need to scratch it to get the code. Can be verified through DHS’s website.

looking forward to your thoughts on it.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

No this is B2 with carbon. I am almost willing to bet that the lack of Fang Bo’s face at the bottom is part of DHS’s refresh of their products. The B2X came out relatively recent and so I’m assuming that they transitioned to just having the trophy at the bottom after that. The box is also new, different from mine. I don’t know if this is just because it’s the B2X or if it’s the older one.

you can check verification with the holographic, but you need to scratch it to get the code. Can be verified through DHS’s website.

If it would be plain carbon we would see 2 plain black stripes in the laminate.
However , we see 2 stripes that alternate black -yellow-black yellow etc. this is typical for a hybrid laminate also known as ALC =Arylate/carbon,
as in : DHS 2019 New Hurricane BO 2X (Hurricane B2X, B2-X) Fang Bo 2 X Arylate Carbon ALC Racket Table Tennis Blade Ping Pong Bat Paddle

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/H3828d84714564c5a90607e78168b8755i.jpg

H3828d84714564c5a90607e78168b8755i.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Yes, this is the regular Fang Bo ALC blade, otherwise known as the BO2. It is not the BO2X

But I was of the understanding that the Bo2 has the picture of Fang Bo on the handle, so I am rather disappointed that it is not there on my blade.

Where is the holographic with the verification code?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Yes, this is the regular Fang Bo ALC blade, otherwise known as the BO2. It is not the BO2X

But I was of the understanding that the Bo2 has the picture of Fang Bo on the handle, so I am rather disappointed that it is not there on my blade.

it is normally stuck on the handle, maybe you got rid of it when you took the blade out of its clear heat shrink cover/
If you click on the above aliexpress site and choose middle picture of the advert you can see the golden round sticker

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
No I didn't take the shrink wrap off yet. There is a little gold circle with some Chinese characters on it. Are you saying that I should scratch that to get the verification ?

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Does your box have FB face on it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

I almost considered buying the B2 over this... however, I hardly look at the bottom of my blade to begin with. I've never even once reconsidered, "Oh I wish I had Fang Bo's face on it", although it would have been cool, I stopped caring and started trying to learn how the blade feels and how to make it to work.

Softer rubbers like 38,39 really get the blade going... I found 40 too difficult to spin with.

Fang Bo uses pith-film carbon, more like white and black, than the yellow and black type of ALC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I almost considered buying the B2 over this... however, I hardly look at the bottom of my blade to begin with. I've never even once reconsidered, "Oh I wish I had Fang Bo's face on it", although it would have been cool, I stopped caring and started trying to learn how the blade feels and how to make it to work.

Softer rubbers like 38,39 really get the blade going... I found 40 too difficult to spin with.

Fang Bo uses pith-film carbon, more like white and black, than the yellow and black type of ALC.

Yes I also considered the B2X, but I just went with the original because 1) I DID want FB face on it, because he is cool 2) I liked the thinner blade with more feeling 3) It was said that the original version has higher maximum speed, despite being slower on medium shots.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

drS_Yd_cpycfVKSk53cj6hB-aiMtTkvrh44HosRhgUQwKI9N9O8P-PD4mNeVbgmjt4U-mhvua8ZSquTudBVHzpCAknnjnQdw-Zw0Bn3QSl3qkk9nCNHx7ie9NFlGN-rJmg5Gzv44HMiaaHUF0DMEvHUKxFhlmc-2rooEJaR8iGU4hA9_G8tWJl2xB3C5JCBbMClxUKH_8v9dMl26P9J6NIpAslxoxMZW3MpmPyw3mkOZoESBYN2mG90rvqEACJrvZiXeqIcnEHCoCU8g6vUITM8YgG9fUxPSjgLbRFXP-Q8H71oLlVHc0-XFpcjCRQy7ps0uOVnt9cFrO7rmn-NTGUuuyP2RkTOzy_jOO-DLDlfQ8EkV_3pETz8wsrm9EDhKFdC73FuLJRMjAjnaNYom3LWK_q3mnukr1QGJkLxEQtmoKN7I_bgb1o0DAhYsJTgIVfVxc-PkFvfDSBpcEm0tu_fY5vxMF0N_nDx5cW33NbAA04wFrhks5s2dxAQijaHrbbenB-7P3qVtTlAmsXr8XtoXyDqsxEEEIusF0VUO7wSNQ5x9ZMVe3bjarJXuzkxspL4bANNlqPqOwz0u6tYeOciFSsgQ6sswDrq1UaHSC_QmQEI0VanHoNSaFRIUbk8K5cSmzNggVwAEsRs8lGaJ3joBIyKyynZA10ZpdZZxwGihrEnf5ayB8bHCt0kIYg5TzSvxLkqU5fnbitWMTiVJekbLVwhN61UyiompQGJNQzWGxBCIkXSkMZNttiKHsJ09KmcaLu-RTN6ecnwcrD4ykt01pffIB0PW=w696-h927-no
oWiQ1Zdp1q_SMtrSWGhzHr7w2xphJPWCvNXCYbczgIye2ox--4AFQ3V4r-6FSu5KSRoiowJ_yT08ZmcPd9rqkJiluZBiAENMxufyNgXXMzzuZXGvnEsQDTw6TxLE8AzQOEHIZGtxXrzVIzRj3474kt4DzhAU8eu_s8Uh0ixmZXr60LdAzSUn4SBNfm_5HJDQzY0jgbfzYE2pfemZwoEJplpDdVzVrnDvG7Ng2eYdOqCL4v08qTeimeS7DAHmAgp258Leii4tGEi7vsqeayt_DTGcAZTe9wyBrcm-DrRiWvBpnxLAu4FNdpZVu6yadHpxTkXRfrP2SDWasVZza-TUz9xpK6sNUpnsROCehyFvzXemnWLZht72nbtF5QoSlN4yL7vQF1lvpyyrTbstn_dpxiMTci6HjS6Pcnu6AC6YZJqjS2hmFWttAi7kL2MHHmdFk-VERxyz6pmTzVGEEJKWAJCqOzIbxQoXT8S7eHuyCqF2FRpMByC994gS7k02QalanBlECXqhOzT3Y_Tyh6slC7r7kmRGqpNrY4MhTg3GZG_v7DLBQx1Q4zvyrFQMd-UQAXPIVck9q-XCrSPlL0CR8bbemzcPGxY6k8_McWo3MjI9yDILtHELwmweF0WuyLIDdMYQYSmjlTvrkJgviktqftMLbHSS3UPyF-Ld-ydoc4E0DhBJMzyANtiu3sFHNWotknF_0bxN9TT1cGfYX-JtqW0RB5naQZbYrMO7C0HMj3gsY7-e5dt6W77oaxjif-eyunya6VHTZ8eQ8xQLyflssvmQY6T2sgen=w696-h927-no

One thing I was that the handle wasn't as saturated pink, and the secondary color was greyish instead of a white as I had assumed. I wish it was more bright and poppy. Oh well~

Can you show the side view. Is the carbon layer the same white/black color as the B2 original?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

What is the difference between pith-film and alc?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

I received this from aliexpress, but it doesnt have photo of FB. Is it fake?

Does dhs also make a version without the photo?

I had a Fang Bo 2X blade and it didn't have Fang Bo's face either just the cup as yours. But I still had the old box, that had Fang Bo on it.
I don't see any reason to make fakes of such a cheap blade. It's not even that desireable to begin with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

I don't see any reason to make fakes of such a cheap blade. It's not even that desireable to begin with.

Obviously for fans of Fang Bo - cough* me.
I wouldn’t call it a fake or a clone of HL5- while same construction, different feeling and vibration. Stiffer in comparison.

also dhs makes a whole line of EVEN cheaper stuff with their PG series. Obviously appealing to all budget levels. Mid, High, Low… dhs has you covered.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

What is the difference between pith-film and alc?

Color might be the only difference. I’ve only heard in conversation of people saying that blue alc-like butterfly’s- is more crispy. And then to compare it to yellow and black alc, there isn’t much difference to blue, but a slight different feeling.

pithfilm is a type of alc I believe. Or it’s a type of carbon similar to alc? Or it’s in the ALC family? Something to this degree haha xD.

I’m not too well versed in such minute differences.
another term DHS calls pith film is Aromatic Carbon. I think they use them interchangeably.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Color might be the only difference. I’ve only heard in conversation of people saying that blue alc-like butterfly’s- is more crispy. And then to compare it to yellow and black alc, there isn’t much difference to blue, but a slight different feeling.

pithfilm is a type of alc I believe. Or it’s a type of carbon similar to alc? Or it’s in the ALC family? Something to this degree haha xD.

I’m not too well versed in such minute differences.
another term DHS calls pith film is Aromatic Carbon. I think they use them interchangeably.

How did your friends compare the blue BTY alc to the DHS? Most BTY are outer, and most DHS are inner. And the BTY inners appear to be much slower.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
BTW, I was disappointed at not getting the photo of Fang Bo, even though it was clearly shown in the product description. So I made a claim with Aliexpress, and they judged my claim as valid and decided on a $10 partial refund. So in the end, I guess I get a $10 discounted B2 blade, for $37 plus tax.